prinsendam travel

fizzy

I have read & digested everybody's advice and will book my own airfare to Rome for Aug. 30th departure and from Istanbul on 15th of Sept. Am considering the idea to stay in Istanbul at the end of that segment. Does anyone out there plan to do the same?Can anyone suggest a hotel? HAL will charge $22. to take you from ship to airport, so I do not think that the distance is far. I guess, if we do not stay at hotel suggested by HAL then we will have to fend for ourselves. Ideas? Suggestions? I will be returning on a direct flight to JFK...12 hours straight through ! Whewie ! fizzy

I don't know what hotel HAL has chosen for Istanbul. But if I were you, I would stay at their hotel as use their transportation from the hotel to the ship.

Several years ago our Princess cruise began in Istanbul. We chose to go over several days early. Nine of us stayed at the Four Seasons in the old section near all the mosques. About 200 other people stayed at the Hilton in the new section. Every time we wanted to go on a tour, Princess would send either a taxi or special bus for us, take us to the Hilton, and then back track to the old section where the majority of the tours were.

Archived