Help me choose - helicoper or floatplane?

ghisl

I can only afford one of those unfortunately. I would like to take my 73 year old Dad with me. He's been in a floatplane, never a helicopter. Is one experience so much better than the other? This is a trip of a lifetime for him and I would like to give him an experience he'll never forget. Thanks to all who have done these excursions and can give me their honest opinions. If you could only choose one, which one would you pick again?

I checked out the web site as you suggested and noticed that it is a 45 minute drive there and back on top of the tour. Is this normal with all the helicopter tours here? I just assumed we could take off next to the ship but I guess not.

I checked out the web site as you suggested and noticed that it is a 45 minute drive there and back on top of the tour. Is this normal with all the helicopter tours here? I just assumed we could take off next to the ship but I guess not.

This includes "load" time, pick ups etc. It is 20 mins. from the dock. (45 min. total shuttle time)

There are NO flights that leave from the dock in Juneau.

Archived