January '07 Caribbean cruise

dollymadison

My husband and I are booked on this cruise. We have taken 3 other SS Caribbean cruises and have never had a bad experience. I think all the negative posts came from a short 4 day cruise. The ones we have taken have always been 9 to 11 day cruises. You will have a wonderful time.

Cindy

Thanks, Cin. It's nice to hear from someone with a positive SS history.

I'm still curious about the posts that I've read that say that SS doesn't "do" the Caribbean very well.:confused:

I guess I'll find out for myself in January!

DollyMadison

Also wanted you to know that SS does all ports of call well IMHO. We leave in 10 days for a Norwegien Fjords cruise on the Silver Cloud and have traveled over to the Med with SS as well.

You are in for the best trip of your life!

Approaching 250 days with SS and will be on Shadow to Alaska in September but --

I'm still in awe of Norwegian fjords on SS -- Whisper July 2003 --

So many firsts and stunning experiences could not share them in this forum.

Let us know your experience when you return.

Our first SS cruise was a Caribbean in January, 2005. I think they did Caribbean very well. We loved the line, and are taking a South American cruise with SS in December.

I, too, was disappointed after reading several posts that SS didn't do the Caribbean well. I've never been on SS before and am taking my first cruise with them the end of October for 7 days to the Caribbean on the Shadow.

I guess my expectations are pretty high because I've cruised numerous times on Princess, Celebrity and RCL. This cruise MUST be significantly better and less "herd-like".

Tennis:

I have no doubt you and I will enjoy our cruises - I was just curious as to what SS supposedly didn't excel in for a Caribbean cruise. I've only cruised with Holland America, which is great but larger than we liked. Please do come back and let me know how your October cruise goes.

I'm confident this will be a wonderful cruise and will let you know about it when I return. It is very curious to hear that SS hasn't excelled in Caribbean cruises. I can't see there would be any difference due to where you cruise. It's the same cruise line that strongly positions themselves as top-of-the-line in the luxury market.

Anyone else going on 3630 out of Bridgetown, Barbados on October 29th?

Could be that the Carib. is not that an exciting place to begin with. Not when you compare it with Europe, Asia, Australia etc. We have been on SS in the Carib. and had a wonderful time and are going in Jan. to relax after the grandchildren go home after Christmas. These islands are all pretty much the same, so what we really need in good weather and a wonderful ship like the Shadow.

• 5 months later...

:D

Tennis:

I have no doubt you and I will enjoy our cruises - I was just curious as to what SS supposedly didn't excel in for a Caribbean cruise. I've only cruised with Holland America, which is great but larger than we liked. Please do come back and let me know how your October cruise goes.

Dolly....We too are aboard for the 1/4 sailing....We went around South America on Silver Cloud a few years ago and it was very good. We are also HAL cruisers [over 300 days aboard]...Looking forward to the Carribean on the Shadow....I did post a roll call for this cruise but had no response. Did you see it?....

JBL,CINDY,DOLLY, et al,.....We are always easy to find during the sail aways...."Crows Nest" lounge with a bottle of "Dom P."...That is forward and up top....Any one else drink champagne at sailaway????....Rob Mc Gregor, 52 year servant of Teddy McGregor.....:D :cool:

Hi Rob & Teddy

Only one month to go!! Did somebody say Champagne. Friends after our own hearts. We would love to do the sail away. Let us know the details.

Cindy & Charles

Cindy/Charles....We will be in the Horizon lounge 1 hour prior to sailing...We always have a bottle of Dom at the sailaway.....Drop by and introduce yourselves!....Rob.....74 year old cruiser making his 48 or 50th cruise....Lost track.....

• 3 weeks later...

Archived