HELP! Constellation or Jewel of the Seas?

Hello all . . . I need some advice!! I'm posting this on both the Celebrity and RCI boards so I can hopefully get both points of view.

We are about to book a Transatlantic for next April, and there are nearly identical itineraries available on the Jewel of the Seas and Celebrity's Constellation. We have cruised with both lines and thoroughly enjoyed both.

We would be in a Sky Suite on the Constellation, or a Grand Suite on the Jewel. The trade-off there is having a butler on X (which absolutely MADE our cruise last week), vs. a significantly larger room with RCI.

Other trade-offs from our point of view: better room service menu on X, better buffets on RCI. Going with RCI would get us closer to Diamond in the Crown & Anchor society, but X has longer port stops to visit Paris and Brussels (hugely important for me). X would be slightly cheaper, but not enough to have any real bearing on our decision.

SOOOO . . . . any of you who have experience that might help us out, please share!!!

Happy sails~

I know your quandry. I too weighed both options and I chose Constellation. I Have sailed both lines and like them both. I think the dining experience on Celebrity is a lot bettter and the overall service is better. Seems like a little more things to do onboard on RCI. I think you would'nt go wrong chosing either one. We are also flying out of London and staying a couple of days before going home. RCI disembarks in Amsterdam if I remember right, and a good friend of mine who was there for a week did not have a lot good to say about Amsterdam-but that's his opinion. Good luck!

It's finny, my DW and I are having the same discussion for a cruise next April. 10 days on the Connie out of Ft. Lauderdale or 8 days on the Jewel out of Miami.

Rollie

I've been on both ships and love them both. You've hit most of the differences I agree with - especially the buffets. Won't your Celebrity credits will also move you toward Diamond? I know we got Diamond from being Elite, but I guess I should check to see if our recent Jewel cruise gave me another credit on Celebrity. If that is the case, I would say it's a no-brainer.

there is a poster who calls herself Caviergal who is a TA and she says the radience class ships are almost Celebrity-MUCH nicer and classier then the voyager class.

I have looked at the two ships also for a european cruise- and we have decided we will go with the Jewel. Now my biggest gripe is the food is not as good on Royal Caribbean-but we figure for the money we save-we will just eat in the specialty restuarants more often on that cruise.

We did love our one Celebrity cruise and we will be back-but if money did not come into this we would go with Constellation!

Whatever you decide have a wonderful time!

I know your quandry. I too weighed both options and I chose Constellation. I Have sailed both lines and like them both. I think the dining experience on Celebrity is a lot bettter and the overall service is better. Seems like a little more things to do onboard on RCI. I think you would'nt go wrong chosing either one. We are also flying out of London and staying a couple of days before going home. RCI disembarks in Amsterdam if I remember right, and a good friend of mine who was there for a week did not have a lot good to say about Amsterdam-but that's his opinion. Good luck!

No it disembarks at Harwich-so in England but a diff. port then the Connie.

Wow, I'm glad to see that so many of you can share my pain! (And yes, I say that tongue in cheek -- what a dreadful dilemma, choosing between two dream vacations! ;))

I think we're going to go with the Jewel. With seven consecutive sea days, we will definitely enjoy the larger suite. Plus, I hear such raves about the beauty of the Jewel, I just have to see what all the fuss is about. :)

I've been on both ships and love them both. You've hit most of the differences I agree with - especially the buffets. Won't your Celebrity credits will also move you toward Diamond? I know we got Diamond from being Elite, but I guess I should check to see if our recent Jewel cruise gave me another credit on Celebrity. If that is the case, I would say it's a no-brainer.

You can't combine the cruises from the two lines for your status. You have to earn the status completely on at least one line. The benefits and status transfer - but not the way you get there.

Been on both classes of ships (Millie, Summit, Jewel and Brilliance). Our very favorite ships at sea. I'd go with the bigger room if itinerary and price are similiar.

ENJOY!

Wow' date=' I'm glad to see that so many of you can share my pain! (And yes, I say that tongue in cheek -- what a dreadful dilemma, choosing between two dream vacations! ;))

I think we're going to go with the Jewel. With seven consecutive sea days, we will definitely enjoy the larger suite. Plus, I hear such raves about the beauty of the Jewel, I just have to see what all the fuss is about. :)

[/font']

Radiance class ships are the cream of the crop for RCI and the new, upgraded bedding (just wonderful) should be done by the TA.

RCI does a great job IME of maintaining their ships and the layout and design of Jewel is just beautiful with the glass centrum and the use of light woods and colors that bring the ocean right in. You truly know you are at sea!

Try Portofino for a special dinner one evening. It is wonderful and I usually have to go dine there several times during a cruise.

Wow' date=' I'm glad to see that so many of you can share my pain! (And yes, I say that tongue in cheek -- what a dreadful dilemma, choosing between two dream vacations! ;))

[/font']

let me know how it goes as we will will cruise her next summer for our dream vacation! So be sure and post how your cruise went!

Radiance class ships are the cream of the crop for RCI and the new, upgraded bedding (just wonderful) should be done by the TA.

RCI does a great job IME of maintaining their ships and the layout and design of Jewel is just beautiful with the glass centrum and the use of light woods and colors that bring the ocean right in. You truly know you are at sea!

Try Portofino for a special dinner one evening. It is wonderful and I usually have to go dine there several times during a cruise.

Hi gal! I already told this person you would give her/him the best info!

Hi gal! I already told this person you would give her/him the best info!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, momofmeg.:)

I certainly do have opinions on just about everything to do with cruising :eek: and hope that some of my experience can be valuable to others.

Thanks for the vote of confidence, momofmeg.:)

I certainly do have opinions on just about everything to do with cruising :eek: and hope that some of my experience can be valuable to others.

Your posts have been very valuable to me!

Archived