Cruise Line suggestion, please?

Shelley9962

We're going to travel, probably over Christmas/New Years again because of schedules, with our daughters, 18 and 15, and we're our early/mid 40's. We were on Carnival Legend last year and I was just disappointed with activities, service, entertainiment, food, etcetera.

I'm looking for a cruise line that will have more "enrichment-like" activities for my husband and me (we are learning junkies, not game-show junkies), but that would still have enough fun things and other teens on board for our daughters.

Itinerary isn't that huge of a deal... we've done a lot of the Caribbean and Mexico, so it's not really new and we don't mind seeing places again...

I do have to admit I liked the time at sea... after final exams and prep for the holidays, the down time was wonderful for me :)

Thanks in advance!

There are cruises and cruise lines that have themes. I haven't been on any of these, but one of the sites I use (vacations to go) has a whole section on theme cruises. I think that Radisson, Crystal and Delta Queen are some of the ones I have seen mentioned. There may be art cruises, gourmet, history, etc. You might want to go to those discussion boards to see if anyone has participated in those cruises.

Hope this helps!

HAL and Princess both have enrichment activities, which may meet your needs, but neither are known for high marks in the teen cool stuff area. Although Princess has a better program than HAL. That said, the holiday time you are considering will be full of families, so your teens will undoubtedly find friends to hang with, but perhaps without an organized program.

Even so, if the enrichment aspect is a significant point for you and your husband, do look into exactly what is offered and when so you will have an appropriate expectation. IMO, the offerings are somewhat narrow and at a limited level instead of being a true learning situation.

Archived