"Iron rails on balcony" on Zuiderdam and other ??

39august

Somewhere I read a comment about not liking the iron rails on Zuiderdam balconies. What is that all about? I am considering our first HAL cruise on this ship and we always get a balcony. Also, are the balconies larger on the Upper Promenade deck? They appear so on deck plans shown on 7blueseas. These are VF and VH catagory cabins. If not, does anyone have recommendations for larger than usual balconies? I know the aft balconies are larger, but am trying to keep the cost down on this cruise, as air fare has gone up so much!

Maybe you mean the steel panels ? There are a couple of cabins that have steel panels that have been mentioned by posters on this board.

I haven't sailed on a Vista ship but many others have. I am sure someone can help you with choosing a cabin. :)

Upper Promenade/Deck 4 Forward: the first 17 staterooms on each side of the ship have the steel railings. (Cat VH/VF I believe? Either way, they are clearly marked on the HAL deckplans)

Upper Promenade/Deck 4 towards the stern: the two VD staterooms that are on either side of the portside crew/emergency staircase have balconies that are double-wide extending alongside the staircase.

Verandah Deck /Deck 5 midship staterooms have shallower than "normal" balconies.

Yes, Brian is referring to VD 4164 and VD 4166 on the Zuiderdam - these two rooms have double-sized verandahs and are fabulous!! Shhh! this is a secret! :D There were two full size lounge chairs, two arm chairs and two small tables. I was in 4164 in March of this year and HIGHLY recommend this balcony for anyone who loves the extra space outside!:)

Archived