Booking on Board Help

kissaiimee

I was wondering if it is better to book on board while I am sailing? Which lines have the best booking on board incentives? Any tips to using this program so I get the best fares and incentives for me and my family?

I was wondering if it is better to book on board while I am sailing? Which lines have the best booking on board incentives? Any tips to using this program so I get the best fares and incentives for me and my family?
Princess gives OBC depending on the type of cabin and length of cruise, (its $50 pp for a 7 day in an outside or balcony) plus a reduced deposit of only $100 (the cost of the booking). It can be an open booking if you don't know which cruise you want to sign up for yet, and you can transfer your onboard booking to any TA with the best price or deal or incentive that you find.

Carnival does not have onboard bookings. Cannot speak for any other lines.

do they give you anything for booking on board while you are there, like a discount in the future fare or a little thank you gift? My mother travels on Holland America and she got a bottle of wine when she booked on board.

do they give you anything for booking on board while you are there, like a discount in the future fare or a little thank you gift? My mother travels on Holland America and she got a bottle of wine when she booked on board.
They give you the above mentioned OBC (onboard credit, the equivalent of cash money to use any way you want) but its for the next cruise, not the one you are already on.

With Princess we got a $100 OBC booking onboard our last cruise which we used for our Feb 07 cruise. The other is we only had to deposit $200 for the open booking (which is our Australia cruise in Feb 07). We had a $600 deposit on the England Aug 06 cruise (which we did not have an OBBing for)

It is one way to keep us coming back. :D A bottle of wine wouldn't do the trick for us. ;)

Archived