How exactly does a private tour like Sunny's work?

We are a family of 7 sailing on the Caribbean Princess on 11/12/06.

I am very intrested in taking Sunny's tour. I'd like to know how it works? I went to his website and seen the places you'd visit. I'm somewhat confused...

Do you just do a drive by of these places, or do you actually get out and sightsee? How much time are you given at each place, if any? Could someone please share their experience on how it works with me?:D I'd greatly appreciate it!

Thanks in advance...

Courtney

First you will be picked up for shopping and let off in town and told what time and where to meet. Next you will visit the places he has listed on his website and get out for photo ops. At the Mountain Top you will have the longest and can grab a Banana Daquiri for $7.25. After about a hour after he picks you up in town, he will take you to the beach where you can get out for photos and get back on to go back to the ship or stay at the beach to be picked up later. Both Godfrey and Sunny does the same thing. Expect an open air truck. Sunny does expect payment upon getting into his vehicle before being taken for shopping.

CrusinAgain - Thank You for your post.

One more question. Approximately how long does the total tour last?

Happy Sailing,

Courtney

After shopping pickup (there was a choice of 9, 10, or 11, the tour before the beach is about a hour. The photo ops were a point where you could see the cruise ships; Mountain Top where you could see Megans Bay and Drakes seat (a park bench) and then the Beach. We stayed at the beach only for photos and waiting for the others that were not staying at the beach to get back on the truck and then we went back to the ship. I do have pictures of each of the photo stops if you need more info.

If you are going to St. Martin there is an excellent tour guide there whose tour really gives you your money's worth.

CrusinAgain, thanks once again for your help. How long did this entire tour take you, from start to finish? Also, my FIL would like to know if he can order a beer (Budweiser) rather than a banana daquiri? I would love to see the pictures. You can email them if you'd like. My addie is: winpup69@aol.com

Yes, we're also gonna be in St. Martin too. Do you have suggestions?

Thanks again,

Courtney

CrusinAgain, thanks once again for your help. How long did this entire tour take you, from start to finish? Also, my FIL would like to know if he can order a beer (Budweiser) rather than a banana daquiri? I would love to see the pictures. You can email them if you'd like. My addie is: winpup69@aol.com

Yes, we're also gonna be in St. Martin too. Do you have suggestions?

Thanks again,

Courtney

Well, you can't count shopping since everyone is picked up at a different time but leaving from shopping which is downtown Phillipsburg, everyone leaves at the same time which is noon. So from leaving from the town of Phillipsburg to drop off at ship without staying at beach was 90 minutes. If you included shopping our tour started at 10 but was late. So if you don't stay at the beach you should get back to the ship before 2. Don't really count on sooner since we were late getting picked up at the ship and late getting pick up from shopping.

Here is the first vista point where you see the cruise ships:

DSCN1277.jpg

Mountain Top is a bar with a few shops so yes your FIL can get a beer. Here is the place:DSCN1288.jpg

Sapphire Beach is where we were taken to but their bar and restrooms are closed now from what I hear and its only been a month since we were there.

DSCN1298.jpg

St. Martin I would highly recommend Bernard who gives you a tour of both sides of the island and you have the option of staying at the beach or he will take you back to the ship or drop you off in town to shop. We went back to the ship but should have gone to town since the shopping wasn't good at the Port. He has a a/c van that would hold your group and his e-mail address is: bernard13320022@yahoo.com.

Which ship are you going on?

What beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing! You have been such a great help! We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess. We set sail 11/12/06. I cannot wait. Your photos were such a tease!:p I'd love to see more. Do you have any posted on a website by chance?

Take Care,

Courteny

What beautiful photos! Thank you so much for sharing! You have been such a great help! We are sailing on the Caribbean Princess. We set sail 11/12/06. I cannot wait. Your photos were such a tease!:p I'd love to see more. Do you have any posted on a website by chance?

Take Care,

Courteny

Wonderful! As you see we were also on the Caribbean Princess. I don't upload much since I am only on dialup but here is a pic of the St. Thomas Port where you will see all the tour operators waiting.

DSCN1263.jpg

Here is a picture of the Mountain Top view.

DSCN1282.jpg

Here is a picture of St. Martin.

DSCN1343.jpg

Why don't you just e mail him. We used him this year and he was nothing short of excellent. A business man yes, but also a lovely warm and honest person. I e mailed him for information and he came right back to me with the answers specifically to the questions I asked him. Here is his e mail address.

Email: liston@sunnylistontours.com

Broch - I did email Sonny, twice in fact. I haven't gotten a response. The people here on CC are so helpful so I figured I could ask the questions I had here as well.

You'll never know until you ask...:o

Happy Cruising,

Courtney

I don't mind at all someone asking for their experiences. That is the main purpose of this board. Normally Sunny responded quickly to e-mails BUT he never answered all my questions - it was more like a form letter.

Also I had to confirm before we left with him to make sure he was picking us up and our time had gotten changed. Also, he was late picking us up at both the ship and town. Actually, it was his wife and not him, I barely saw him as he drove another truck van. I would see if Godfrey or Airforce One gives you a better response.

We took Sonny's - He called us within probably an hour of e-mailing him.

He picked us up at the Park area in Town.

I don't think we paid him until we got back to the ship.

I'd recommend him. He was a very enjoyable tour guide.

We took Sonny's - He called us within probably an hour of e-mailing him.

He picked us up at the Park area in Town.

I don't think we paid him until we got back to the ship.

I'd recommend him. He was a very enjoyable tour guide.

I don't know when you went, but I was expecting everything what I read here. To be singing along with some great music, having a blast, and payment after the tour was over. Instead our truck had a tiny little 1 speaker which you could not even hear what his wife was saying and payment was demanded as soon as we sat down in the truck before we even left the ship area. We saw other tours having loads of fun. No one on our truck was enjoying theirself. What a shame. I had read so much of how much fun it was going to be.

I don't know when you went, but I was expecting everything what I read here. To be singing along with some great music, having a blast, and payment after the tour was over. Instead our truck had a tiny little 1 speaker which you could not even hear what his wife was saying and payment was demanded as soon as we sat down in the truck before we even left the ship area. We saw other tours having loads of fun. No one on our truck was enjoying theirself. What a shame. I had read so much of how much fun it was going to be.

We were also disappointed with our tour through Sunny. He was very responsive via email and I had told the kids we would be singing with Sunnny in St. Thomas. We were met at the ship by another man that worked for Sunny. He was very nice, but he didn't have a lot to say about the island and we had trouble hearing him through the small speaker. We asked about the singing and he said he didn't sing. We and others on our tour were disappointed. The vehicle was an enclosed truck in the front where the tour operator and 2 guests sat and an open air seating area in the back. Apparently it was the vehicle of another female tax driver. If you were inside the truck with the driver, you could hear him, but in the back you couldn't. We didn't pay until we were back at the ship. I never saw another Sunny Liston truck and we never really received an explanation about why we had another driver. We all just assumed that Sunny had to take a day off now and then.

Archived