Dining with the Captain

You all sound like you know about the captain on the sovereign. That is the cruise we are going on. We leave Sunday at noon and set sail monday june 12th. Would the captain of the Sovereign like Girl Scout Cookies? Do you think he is openminded enough to greet a group of cadette girl scouts? We picked the ship because of the show they did for its dry dock, and watched most of the episodes and such. We are on deck 8 with obstructed ocean views. Any tips?

We really dont know him,but wait till after Sept...;) He'll either love us or hate is.......

If you have any cabins that end in 32-38,they wont be obstructed,BTW......they are the only ones not in front of a lifeboat......

I've never seen the Captains table, or any officers eating in dining rooms on our cruises. (Maybe I just wasn't paying attention) We've always had early seating does the Captain generally have late seating? Does he only eat in the dining room on formal nights?

I do believe he eats late,but I could be wrong........we have been invited a few times and it was always at late seating...........thats the only night I saw the captain eat in the dining room........

Does that include RuPaul....:eek:

I haven't seen him'her in years. Yeah, I could have fun eating with Ru Paul, or better yet, any of the Queer Eye guys except Carson.

The captain usually eats late.

I wonder if anyone that has early seating gets invited??? Hmm......maybe TJ can answer that one......

Yes, early seating passengers are invited as well. They assemble at the table in the same manner as the late seating passengers and a life size card board cut out of the captain is used for the group photo.....:rolleyes:

I wonder if anyone that has early seating gets invited??? Hmm......maybe TJ can answer that one......

I remember someone posting about this a year or so ago. They were at the early seating and were invited. For that night they ate at the late. Don't know if this is the norm, but I clearly remember that post.

Unlike the Love Boat, where everybody will be sitting at the Captain's Table for dinner, this is real life and not a tv show. I have sailed on six cruises and on the last one while on Royal Carribean's Radiance of The Seas in April of 2004, it actually happened to me. Well, maybe it was the fact that I was with my beautiful girlfriend, who is now my fiancee, that made the difference. Arriving late at the returning cocktail party, a member of the cruise staff starting to chatting with us about the usual, getting to know you stuff. Are you guys engaged? Is this your honeymoon? After saying no to both questions, she simply said: "You two seem like a fun couple, why don't you sit at the captain's table tonight for dinner. We both were looking for the candid camera, figuring it had to be a joke. It definitely wasn't, and we had the most incredilble meal ever! To make it even better, since the ship was sold out, we had to dine in Portofino's. To make a long story short and to answer your question. I simply belive that it is timing and luck that gets you that exclusive chance of dining with the Captain. And having a blonde hair and blue eyes, stunning girl on your side, might definitely help!

I think what time the captain dines depends on the captain.

On the Serenade Captain Charles Teige (TEEG) dined the first formal night at the late seating. On the second formal night he dined with the early seating (ours). I believe those that were invited were chosen from those seating times and no one had to eat early or late one night.

For the poster who said they never even saw the table.....it is usually a large one in front of the stairs that is decorated every night. Ours had the shape of a large anchor in pink, red, purple, green and white flower petals in the middle. It was not set for dinner except on the two formal nights when he had guests.

Also there was a post earlier saying the menu was the same as the regular menu.... not on ours. We even got a copy of the "captains menu" along with our photo and invitation as momentos.

I never even thought about dining with the captain until our head waiter came up to us and asked us if we would like to. It was just another special "experience" on a really special cruise. I can see why it would not be everyones thing.....but I enjoyed our evening :)

The first formal night it is late seating and the second formal nite it is 1st seating.

Tj

The first formal night it is late seating and the second formal nite it is 1st seating.

Tj

Well Darn, shot down again!! Since the 4 night Sovereign only has 1 formal night & we are Early seating guess my chances are zip again. Oh well, I'll still send the Capt. some cookies & a kitten, it's the least I can do for such a hard working man!;)

Tj

Thanks TJ------

Poor,poor Karen.....:(

hey,you can come to my house and have dinner as a consulation prize...(or maybe thats a booby prize)..:cool:

Tj - Did you see that the Splendour is going to South America the end of next year? Have you been there? We booked the Lisbon to Sao Paulo transatlantic. Wouldn't you like to be on that one?

Just checking. San will probably say I'm sucking up again.

PH - We were on the main seating with Captain Bang.

KC - Remember what I said about the Captain after PH & I get thru with him.

Thanks TJ------

Poor,poor Karen.....:(

hey,you can come to my house and have dinner as a consulation prize...(or maybe thats a booby prize)..:cool:

Ph, I've heard some of your menus, sounds like a good deal me! A good meal with good friends is the best anyhow!

paul, I'm not gonna hold my breath, but I guess stranger things have happened.

Well Darn, shot down again!! Since the 4 night Sovereign only has 1 formal night & we are Early seating guess my chances are zip again. Oh well, I'll still send the Capt. some cookies & a kitten, it's the least I can do for such a hard working man!;)

It has nothing to do with when you eat, They dont care what time you are signed up to eat, we always sign up for early dining. When we were invited to eat with the Capt. he was going to eat at the late seating, think I cared - No way....we ate late for that night!!!:D

Sorry to go off topic a wee bittie but....TJ....will Capt.Bang be on the Navigator when it comes over my side of the pond next year ?:D

Thanks

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

He will be bringing the Navigator over to Southampton.

Tj

Archived