Ship's Pictures

I read quite a few days ago on a thread (and now can't find it - search is working for me) where someone said that the photos taken each cruise are on some kind of paper where the pictures can be removed and the paper used over.

Anyone know about this?

If this is the case, the how long would the pictures last? People are spending big bucks and if the pictures fade in a couple of years - terrible!!

The last few cruises I haven`t bought any pics, just have the ones taken at Mariners party which were gratis. I have pics taken on ships dating back over 20 years and they are all as bright and colorful as the day I got them.

Maybe this new procedure is not so good, glad I haven`t spent any money on them.........jean:cool:

The only pictures we buy are the ones that are taken with the captain. On our last cruise they didn't take any pictures of anyone with the captain - claimed it is because of the Norvo virus. We have been on other ships with the virus and they still took the pictures.

The only free pictures we have gotten was when we got our 100 day and 300 day medals. There were group pictures taken - but never received any - more could we ever find them in the photo shop.

Archived