Diamond Princess inside cabin

Baseball fan

Hi - We are thinking of taking the Diamond Princess in January to Mexico. I have cruised before but never with an inside cabin. To save money, we are now thinking of an inside cabin. Can someone please give me some ideas as to the good and bad of an inside (in addition to no daylight)? Also, I have never been on Princess just NCL and RCCL. Thanks for your help.

For the good: We have been in balcony cabins, but our daughter's were in an inside cabin on the Star Princess. They received great(and I mean great) service from their cabin steward. Plus, they had this huge dresser area with a mirror, probably where our sliding glass door would be on a balcony cabin. The bathroom and closet configuration looked to be abt the same.

And don't you love that when you are outside the cabin you get just as good a service and attention as if you were in a suite.

I had a inside cabin last year on the Diamond, D110. (Dolphin Deck) The cabin was fairly roomy and we had plenty of room to store our luggage and plenty of closet space. On the down side, it had a small shower but that was a minor inconvience. The ship as a whole sparkles and anyone should enjoy all the technological innovations and ammenities Princess has include on their Grand Class. How long are you in the room anyway? Have a great cruise, she's a great ship!

Was inside on Sapphire for Mexican Riviera last year on the Caribe deck. Great room and I would definately book it again. I would rather have an inside room on a higher deck than an outside room on a lower deck. I shop for price and if I get a good deal on an inside then I book it. For my next Diamond cruise I did book a balcony as the price was not that much more but for my upcoming Alaska cruise the inside room price was much cheaper.

We have had a balcony on the Diamond and an interior on her sister ship the Sapphire.

I did not bring a tape measure, but I believe the balcony cabin to be a foot or two deeper. From the door, bathroom and closet areas are the same in both types of staterooms. The rest of the cabin is configured differently. There is no need to get to the rear wall of the interior, so the headboard of the bed is there. When the beds are put into the twin bed configuration, the room does seam larger. With the balcony, the headboard(s) are up against the sidewall with the desk and ice box/TV cabinet between the bed and sliding glass door.

We have done the Mexico several times and can say there is little to actually see on this cruise. Either water or the port you dock. The question is, how many hours, during the daytime, are you going to be in the cabin. The difference in price can pay for several excursions.

Baseball: We had an inside cabin on the Diamond two weeks ago; it was our first inside ever. Had no problems at all with it. It was on the Lido deck and a stone's throw from the Trident Grill and the great outdoors. It saved us a lot of $, since we were doing a land tour first.

Hi- All 4 of us shared an inside cabin last Jan. on the Sapphire, going to Mexico. We had a fabulous time, & the money saved is terrific. we only take insides due to the value involved, & have had no trouble......We're barely in the room anyway!

We usually stay in an inside cabin on the Grand Class Ships...usually Category JJ because of the price. If you book early enough, you can get a category JJ on the Caribe deck midship. They are in a nice location.

I've been in inside cabins twice on the Diamond and once on the Sapphire--I tend also to book inside cabins to save money, and don't mind them at all--they're wonderful for sleeping because they're so dark--the stewards are just as nice, and you get the same wonderful service as if you're in a suite.

Doodie:)

Hi - We are thinking of taking the Diamond Princess in January to Mexico. I have cruised before but never with an inside cabin. To save money, we are now thinking of an inside cabin. Can someone please give me some ideas as to the good and bad of an inside (in addition to no daylight)? Also, I have never been on Princess just NCL and RCCL. Thanks for your help.

bad of an inside

- need to turn on the TV to see if the sun came up

- usually a little bit smaller

- no window ledge to put my hats on

good of an inside

- better chance to get upgraded (we've been upgraded on 2 of our last 3 cruises and our next 2 cruises) (4 out of 5)

- cost

- cost

- cost

Archived