Do any of the HAL Alaska Itineraries have HORSEBACK RIDING excursions???

debjo

It seems like I saw some pictures or video of horseback riding excursions at an Alaskan Port-of-Call, but I can't remember if it was with HAL or not and I haven't been able to find any wading through the shore excursions lists on their website. I am due to sail with HAL for the first time (to the Caribbean in October) and am already in the planning stages of our 2007 cruise to Alaska...I'm that "sold" on HAL! I'm hoping that some of the "current" HAL passengers going to Alaska may have some "insider" help for me...thanks in advance.

Debjo

A few years ago we took a horseback riding excursion out of Skagway. We were picked up by a van and driven to the Yukon Territory up by Emerald Lake where we rode for a couple of hours befors stopping for a snack and returning to Skagway. I don't know if this excursion is still available.

There is one tour listed for Skagway that is called "Yukon Saddle & Paddle - a horseback and canoe adventure" - 6 1/2 hours - not available on all cruises.

I have the shore excursion booklet and there weren't any other horseback excursions listed for any other port.

Hi Debjo,

Two years ago there was an excursion out of Skagway, as Boot recalled. On our excursion, we were taken by van to the Yukon, fed a nice lunch by a Dutch couple, then we split into two groups. One went horseback riding while the other group went canoeing, then we switched. Lots of fun, and a beautiful ride to and from. It's called "Yukon Saddle and Paddle" and is $167pp (this year). Sadly, shore excursions come and go, so it's possible it won't be offered next year. I hope so, so that you can go and enjoy the good adventure we did!

P.S. Krazy Kruizers beat me to it!

Thanks Folks...

I "knew" I wasn't seeing things! But sadly, the cruise we're currently looking at doesn't go to Skagway...just Juneau, Sitka, Ketchikan, & Victoria B.C. It sounds like that Saddle & Paddle excursion would have been great fun too! Perhaps I'll look into finding a "riding" excursion on my own at one of the ports-of-call.

Debjo

Archived