Which carnival ship with 6 montns old?

Miko

hi, we are going on a cruise first time with our 6 months old son. We dont know which carnival ship to choose that will be more family-oriented, with people 25+ and not too noisy especially at nights.

There is no specific ship... you just need to research itinerary and ships and decide which you would like. There isn't one that is more family friendly... your child will not be able to go to Camp Carnival, or get in the pools... but you can participate in group babysitting from 10PM to I believe 3AM? I think it is $6/hour. As to the noise? Are you referring to noise on the ship? Noise in your cabin?? Shouldn't be noisy in your cabin... you might want to try posting on the family boards as well.

hi miko!!!

someone will be along shortly to answer allll your questions - i am sure you will find Carnival to be a great family cruise and i found it to be a great cruise to get familiar with cruising, so that being said, i will let the senior members get ahold of you :o

I think that the most family-oriented of all of the carnival ships are any in the conquest class: Glory, Conquest, Valor, Liberty. All of these ships have the family staterooms which are in close proximity to the children's facilities and also on deck 11 so it is far enough away from noisy areas. These staterooms offer a minimal amount of additional space that makes all of the difference.

thanks all for your reply, we've been thinking to go for 3-5 days, do u think its better to stay longer, like 7 days?

As for noise i ment the hallway, if its too noisy, our little one will be waking up at night.

I understand that our 6 months old son will not be able to play with kids and stay in pool but i am sure we can find something interesting for us too.:)

on the Fantasy (4 days, from Port Canaveral to Bahamas) we had a family cabin on Empress deck AFT and had no noise problem at all (when pulling into ports, my dh and i both woke up from the "pulling" feeling, but no noise

our regret, not doing the 5 day cruise - 4 days was so short in hindsight & we couldn't fit 7 day cruises fit into our May schedule, unfortunately

we also got greattt pricing on Fantasy (keep in mind though, she leaves for New Orleans after summer, I believe)

have fun planning your vacation, new parents need a break :D

thanks all for your reply, we've been thinking to go for 3-5 days, do u think its better to stay longer, like 7 days?

The shorter the cruise, the more partiers you find (so I read. I went on a 2 day CTN, and didn't notice the difference).

No guarantees that you won't have some hooligans running down the halls screaming at 8, 10, 12pm, 2am 4am etc.

You may be able to minimize the traffic by being either very high on the ship, or very far forward or very far aft. You don't want to be next to an elevator bank in the center - those are my favorite spots, but you do get more traffic and increase the possibility for noise.

If you infant is really super noise sensitive you may want to re-think the whole cruise idea, there is no guarantee of quiet, and then you may be the one disturbing those around you...

Archived