I'm looking for a Caribbean curise with teens...HELP!

jmomma

I can't believe we're doing this, but... we're planning a cruise to the Caribbean in June 2005 and looking for a ship with other families with teens. I have two boys, 19 and 15. They've been on cruises before and find the best thing about cruises are the kids they meet. We don't want to stop in the Bahamas or Jamaica since we've been there before. If anyone has any information or recommendations, I would appreciate any input. Thanks.

Hi, if you are doing this cruise for your two boys I would recommend an Eastern Caribbean cruise on Carnival. We did this a few years ago, during Easter break with our kids. Your boys will definitely have a great time!!! As there will be lots of other kids in that age group. We were on the smokefree Paradise and loved it, because our kids were having such a great time. It was a little rough on us though as there were over 500 kids on the ship.

Bill

Hi:) I believe there are a lot of folks waiting for the 2005 Caribbean Schedules to come out...and I think I read that will be this week.

I know the CENTURY goes to the Caribbean all year round alternating between the East and West. (She is my favorite ship:D ).

The Millennium, Summit, and Constellation also go to the Caribbean but only certain times of the year.

I haven't sailed on any of those 3...(yet)...but I am sure there are other folks on here who can give you some first hand information.

CENTURY does Nassau, San Juan, St Martin and St Thomas on the Eastern

and Cozumel, Grand Caymen, Key West and Jamaica on the Western.

Enjoy whatever cruise you decide to take:D

Go West Young Lady.

Go West.

Celebrity has not yet posted their schedules for June 2005 on their web site.

That show any of the ships in the western Caribbean.

A TA may know in advance of that posting.

You may also want to consider the Horizon or Zenith to Bermuda in June.

Not a lot of cruzing on the seas. But one of the best places to Vacation at.

Great beaches - nice bus transportation.

Wonderful natives.

And the shops right off the ship in Front street and on the square in St. Georges are very nice. According to my wife.

We are in the same situation. We would like a Celebrity cruise in June 2005 with our teen daughters, but Celebrity does not have their Caribbean schedule out. If I look at this year's, my guess is that Century will be doing the same old ports that we are not really interested in.

One consideration for us is the Adventure of the Seas - the itinerary looks really good (I have always wanted to go to Aruba and we love San Juan), and of course Royal Caribbean will attract families.

We have only sailed the Caribbean during spring break and my greatest concern is the weather in June. Will it rain every afternoon? Just how hot and muggy will it be? Anyone able to tell us their experiences with weather in the southern Caribbean in June?

If you are willing to cruise Royal Carribbean, Mariner of the Seas does eastern and western (inc. Jamaica) and is a GREAT ship for teens. We had a group of four families on her this year with 8 teenagers and all of them are ready to go back as soon as we can! Great teen facilities and with the rock climbing wall, inline skating, par 4 and 5 mini gold, and all the organized activities, there was neve a lack of anything to do!

I would recommend that you get one of the Eastern Car. on one of the RCCL Voyager class ships. The Adventure is the one we were on last summer, and there was so many things to do; the kids stay busy around the clock. It is also a very nice itinerary and plenty of things for adults too.

Ice rink (shows, lessons and skating), Inline skating thru a minature golf course, full basketball court, sports deck with rock climbing wall, movies (in the room and theater), Johnny Rockets (50's type diner), 24 hour promenade cafe, parades, several dining options, high quality and various entertainment.

AND most of all, I noticed a high degree of "observing" the behavior of all passengers, but especially the kids. There was a notice each day in the program about personal responsibility and behavior. And it was enforced. I saw RCCL personel ask a small group of children to leave the ice cream area (I am not sure why, it just caught my attention) and then late one evening some teenage boys were playing loudly and roughtly in the front atrium, and throwing things between from deck to deck. RCCL personnel put a stop to it immediately. I thought that was impressive.

Archived