Princess Offer

Macwoman

My question is, has anyone here tried calling Princess to see if a coupon was issued to them? Does Princess have a record of who received a particular coupon? I'm bad with my mail - I might have received one & thrown it away, thinking it was just more junk mail!

I called the Captains Cirlce desk and asked about the mailing and was told that they are random and that there is now way to try and make sure you get them. The person I talked to didn't seem to care that I had been on Princess before. He just said some people get them and some don.t Maybe I will call back and try to talk to someone else. I get mail all the time from lines I've never even been on offering me deals. Maybe I should tryh them....

My question is, has anyone here tried calling Princess to see if a coupon was issued to them? Does Princess have a record of who received a particular coupon? I'm bad with my mail - I might have received one & thrown it away, thinking it was just more junk mail!

I did that. Princess does keep a record--call the circle desk. They even gave me the code off of my coupon so I could pass it along to my TA.

Thanks, jdaa - I'll try that. I did call Princess today and the rep I got was not much help, read a list of the "offers" that were available to me (but they are not listed in My Princess online-??), no details, and told me to fax the Captain's Circle desk with my request. I'll try that if Princess doesn't have a record of sending me a coupon...;)

Just a report on what my experience was...Called 800-Princess, since the prerecorded options did not give the Captain's Circle desk, I pressed 6 and spoke with Jeanelle, who would not transfer me, only asked me for all my info and, after putting me on hold, said that the CC desk did not show that this particular promotion was mailed to me. Email me if you'd like to know the particulars - rosered7033 @ hotmail.com (no spaces, of course).

I have entered the Crown contest too, but wasn't sent this coupon. :(

• 3 weeks later...

I just called Princess about this and was told that this mailing was only sent to prospective Princess cruisers and not Captain Circle members specifically. Not having seen the coupon, I had to take her at her word.

Apparently, there are some people in the system who are listed twice... and they are the ones who get these coupons because one of the listings for them doesn't show that they cruised with Princess before.

Does that make sense?

In any event, she said I shouldn't believe everything I see on this board and that there was no way we were getting the credit.

I'm curious if anyone still has the coupon and can tell if it indeed was meant for prospective cruisers and not Captain Circle members?

Thanks,

Michele

I received the credit in the mail, at my son's address, in my name after I had booked a cruise on the Crown. I have cruised once before with Princess years ago. When I tried to redeem this credit through my TA Princess said they only sent to prospective cruisers. My husband called and called and so did the TA. Finally Princess honored it for 150, not 200, which was ok. It is not on my tickets or on the princess site, though I do have a confirmation that was faxed to the TA. Keep on trying.

I just called Princess about this and was told that this mailing was only sent to prospective Princess cruisers and not Captain Circle members specifically. Not having seen the coupon, I had to take her at her word.

In any event, she said I shouldn't believe everything I see on this board and that there was no way we were getting the credit.

I'm curious if anyone still has the coupon and can tell if it indeed was meant for prospective cruisers and not Captain Circle members?

Thanks,

Michele

Michele not sure if this will help you or not. I read this post yesterday and we had already booked our cruise on June 6. Now keep in mind we did NOT get a $200.00 coupon in the mail. What I said to the employee was "do you know of any $200.00 shipboard credit coupon that is going on now that we would quility for?" Employee put me on hold and came back and said we had booked four days to early for this coupon to be in affect. I said "only four days and we can't get it?" And she said "no"

I hung up from them and called my A.T. told her about it and TA said she would call me back. Within 15 mins I had my shipboard credit. We are Captain Circle members

Several Months ago there was a thread about this same subject. I'm surprised that people are still getting the offer cards, being it's July already.

Back in April I booked the 8/7 sailing. I called Princess and they told me that my sailing date does not offer this type of credit $200.00.

I was given only $25.00 p/p shipboard credit. Which my TA told me about while booking.

Depending on your Sail Date and Ship will shipboard credit be offered.

I would call Princess and ask...

You might just get lucky.

Good Luck ! ! !

Thanks for the tips, Kelsey and Sandy. It certainly appears to depend on who you talk to at Princess. Part of me thinks I should keep trying since it seems unfair that some people are getting it who are past cruisers (and not prospective cruisers) and others aren't.

I have emailed our TA about it and maybe she will get farther than I did.

In the meantime, if anyone on this board has the original coupon and could pass along the offer code, I think that will get me farther with Princess. It's tied to the promotion and not the person as far as I know and not unique.

Michele

I received an e-mail offer today from Princess.

Join Princess® and experience an escape that’s unlike any other. Plus, when you reserve a balcony or mini-suite on any 2006 or 2007 cruise by

August 31, 2006, you’ll receive an onboard credit of up to $200 per couple.* Or, book an inside or oceanview stateroom and get $150 onboard credit per couple.*

I went ahead and registered, then spent 3 hours looking for a cruise. We found a deal on the Coral Princess. The person I spoke with looked for my online registration info - I'm not sure if she found it or not. There is no credit appearing in "My Princess" but the site says it can take up to 24 hours. I'll post when I'm sure what I've gotten - we booked 3 mini-suites.

I am so jealous of all of you that get these offers in the mail. I have sailed on Princess 4 times and have not received any of these onboard credit offers. I called the Captain's Circle to see if there was a reason I wasn't receiving them and I guess they are mailed out randomly. We have a cruise booke din December and I sure would have liked the OBC. Oh well. If anyone knows any tricks that might get me these offers also let me know.

The only coupon I received from princess was before our first cruise with them. It was also the last.

Upgrades seem inclined that way, too.

I called Princess today and asked for them to look it up and see if we received a coupon. After looking at my Captain's Circle info, she said we didn't get one. I really don't understand and she really couldn't give me a reason why or how some get it and some don't. For those of you who got it, Congrats! For those of us who didn't.....darn the luck!

Can anyone tell me what the coupon looked like? I got a card a couple of months ago for the Crown Princess. Was this the coupon?

Archived