Who's doing Transatlantic's this fall

wwinfl91

Who is signed up or is considering one of the transatlantic cruises on Princess this fall?

We are signed up for the Golden's Nov 29th crossing from Rome to New Orleans. Our rollcall link is:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=263842

I have a Yahoo group set up for the cruise with information the ports we visit, including a section on Rome, where we are staying for 5 days before the cruise. Anyone with an interest in Rome, Livorno, Cannes, Barcelona, Cartagena, Gibralter, Cascablanca, Madeira (Funchal), Ft Lauderdale or New Orleans is welcome to come by and check out the links.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/goldenprincesstransatlanticnov2006/

Have a great next cruise.

I am amazed that no one is signed up for any of these cruises. Here is a list of the Princess TA cruises this fall.

Sea Princess Sept 2 London to Quebec

Star Princess Sept 22 Copenhagen to NY

Grand Princess Nov 1 Barcelona to Galveston

Golden Princess Nov 29 Rome to New Orleans

I am amazed that no one is signed up for any of these cruises. Here is a list of the Princess TA cruises this fall.

Sea Princess Sept 2 London to Quebec

Star Princess Sept 22 Copenhagen to NY

Grand Princess Nov 1 Barcelona to Galveston

Golden Princess Nov 29 Rome to New Orleans

There are roll call threads for the top two at least.

The London to Quebec is waitlisted so there are a "boat load of people" going.

(I know, I know... it is a ship not a boat.)

Very interesting. I'm in the rollcall for the Golden and have been very surprised at the lack of participation. We only have 3 couples who are going on the cruise on the rollcall. I understand this is cruise is still 6 months away but I would have expected a few more given the activity on other rollcalls and on the Princess board.

Thanks for the reply and have a great next cruise.

Hi,

Someone else commented on the low "turnout" on the roll call boards. They noted that the long ones are usually made by a group of people who know each other already and communicate via the boards.

Just an observation. I concur with it.

Have fun on the Golden. Sounds like fun.

Is it possible that the 2 week drydock preceeding the start of the transatlantics, ie, Grand Princess maybe causing the slow bookings of the ship? :confused: Perhaps many people like to do a b2b with a Med cruise and find that they have to spend a 2 week land trip in between. Just a thought.

Cindy

Evidently the Golden will be in dry dock the week before our cruise on Nov 29. I had checked Princess site and found that the previous cruise left Nov 10 and ended Nov 22. I posted on the Princess site and got a reply from someone on that cruise saying they had been told by Princess the ship was going to drydock before our cruise.

That should be good news for us as we may get new bedding, clean carpets, a fresh crew (this may be good or bad) and a ship in good shape.

According to several posters, this is done every 36 to 38 months and usually the first cruise after is a shakedown cruise. Hopefully nothing will go wrong especially after we leave Madiera.

It's interesting that the Grand is going in for 2 weeks.

• 1 month later...

Archived