Rules enforcment??

Sorry, another question. How are RCCL and in particular the crew of Explorer of the Seas on the enforcment of rules. For example

Holding of pool chairs

The Solarium pool as an "adults only" pool and hottub

and also the playing of loud music.

I have been on the Explorer twice.. Never had a problem with guests playing loud music at all.

As far as chair hogging goes, it is pretty much like any other ship and line, it's a problem.

They were pretty vigilant on watching the solarium...at least once every half hour they would sweep and remove people that looked under 16.

Our 1st cruise (Soveirgn) few rules were enforced, but that was probably because it was a 4-day and the shorter cruises tend to be lax. All of our other trips (7-day and longer) the rules HAVE been enforced! There were plenty of deck chairs (not always within steps of the pool, but hey--only so many can fit there!) but on the upper decks , forward and aft, there were PLENTY of places to sun! Never have heard anyone playing music! We did have a dad try and bring his kid to the solarium pool, but he got so many nasty looks from the adults, that he left in short order. (Can't these folks read the signs????)

We did have a dad try and bring his kid to the solarium pool, but he got so many nasty looks from the adults, that he left in short order. (Can't these folks read the signs????)

Yes, but they don't care. Rules aren't for them if they don't think they're fare.

As for rules enforcement, when we were on Explorer, we really didn't have much of a problem and I didn't notice the need for anyone enforcing the rules. But, we don't lay out by the pool, didn't use the Solarium and had neighbors that were quiet and didn't play loud music.

If you read these boards regularly you will hear many stories about the lack of rules enforcement. If you want a chair around the pool you will find the chair hogs out if full force and mostly the staff will do nothing. I have experienced children in the adult areas without anyone trying to keep them out. It has been said that children have been seen in the special restaurants and even at the quest game, where children should never be. If you have loud neihbors and call the pursers desk the usually will send someone to talk with them but if the still are noisy little will be done. IMO the rules are enforced as long as you want to follow them but if you don't want to follow them no one will make you.:mad: I admit that I am a person who is a rules type of person and it really bothers me when others have the opinion that "rules don't apply to me!":rolleyes:

If you read these boards regularly you will hear many stories about the lack of rules enforcement. If you want a chair around the pool you will find the chair hogs out if full force and mostly the staff will do nothing. I have experienced children in the adult areas without anyone trying to keep them out. It has been said that children have been seen in the special restaurants and even at the quest game' date=' where children should never be. If you have loud neihbors and call the pursers desk the usually will send someone to talk with them but if the still are noisy little will be done. IMO the rules are enforced as long as you want to follow them but if you don't want to follow them no one will make you.:mad: I admit that I am a person who is a rules type of person and it really bothers me when others have the opinion that "rules don't apply to me!":rolleyes:[/quote']

Actually on the recent Brilliance Transatlantic, they did have some enforcement and they had a pretty ingenious system. The pool patrol went around and stuck stickers with the time on them on "saved" chairs. I wish they would do that on all ships. Chair hogs were especially prevalent in the solarium as it was pretty cool and windy. At the regular pool, it probably would not have been a problem anyway due to the makeup of guests on this cruise.

Archived