Coral Princess Cabin Question

franahan

Hi Everyone,

We are planning on taking the Coral Princess to Alaska next year and are having a difficult time deciding on which cabin to book. I know that the BA cabins have a bigger balcony, but how much of the balcony is exposed and how restricted is the view from these balconies with the bump outs midship and aft/fore. Would we be better off taking a balcony cabin on one of the bump outs even though the balcony is smaller? Which balconies are fully covered? I'm not sure we would like being fully exposed to everyone above us.

Any help you can offer would be great. I seem to agonize over this decision every time we cruise.

Thanks,

Fran and Mike

We were in a BA cabin on the Coral, this past Dec., for the Panama Canal. It was terrific. Huge balcony, that was half covered & half exposed. The cabins on the Dolphin deck, are all open. You could see right down on them. Cabins on the Baja & Aloha decks are totally covered. We were on Caribe.

We liked the cabin so much that we picked exactly the same cabin, on the Island Princess(Coral's sister ship), for our Dec. cruise to Hawaii.

Minette

Booking a balcony cabin for Alaska I would always try for one that is at least partially covered. The weather can be iffy up there and if you have even a partially covered balcony then you would still be able to go out for viewing if it should rain. To me, the best balcony in Alaska would be one that is fully covered.

We booked a balcony cabin in Alaska many years ago and barely used it because of the weather we encountered. You just can't second guess old Mother Nature. On our cruise it rained half the time. :(

I personally like the bump out cabins on the Caribe deck but my next choice would be the BA's on the Caribe. We thought the balcony was plenty big on are bump out cabin and the view is awesome.

Scott

Hi Fran and Mike,

I can help you by listing wich balconies on Coral Princess are fully covered or not...

A209-310; A416-504; A624-722 uncovered

A311-425 and A506-623 covered

B205-217; B701-737 uncovered

B218-309; B416-633 partially covered

B311- 427; B622-645 covered

C205-231; C705-726 covered

C232-703 partially covered

C727-728 uncovered

D206-309; D418-502; D624-724 covered

D311-417; D503-623; D725-726 uncovered

E207-310; 624-737 covered

Have a wonderful day!

Thanks everyone for all the awesome information. It sounds like at least partially covered is the way to go. Thaks to Specs, I know which cabins to look at. Now I just have to decide...partially covered larger balcony....or bump out with the smaller balcony....decisions, decicions. If all decisions in life were this fun and interesting to make,woudn't life be grand.

Thanks Again, I love hearing about other peoples cruising experiences.

Fran

Sorry to here that the mother nature was not in the best of moods when you went to Alask Toto2Kansas, hopefully you have had better louck weather wise on your other cruises.

cruisingfreak and ahracer: I would like to knwo how you liked the Coral Princess. Was there anything on the ship that we shouldn't miss. I aske because we were on the Celebrity Infinity this year when we went to South America and there were parts of the ship that we never saw because we spent so much time just admiring the passing sceneary.

Thanks Again,

Fran

The Coral is now my favorite. I love the layout.. We had a Cat BA last April (C535) and this September will will have a Cat AB (C715) on the bump out. I will let you know how the rooms compare..

Many variables apply when choosing a cabin.

We were in D-606 on Coral, and thought it a nice cabin, but it was a bit further aft than we would have preferred.

We did like the balcony, being partially covered/uncovered.

We do think the mini-suites on Sun Princess has a far superior layout, but again, that is an individual thing.

Michael

We were in AD 503, which contrary to the above information is partially covered. We were in a mini-suite on the Aloha which was the first bumpout facing aft....I loved it!!!! We had a wraparound deck so the view was amazing. One thing I liked about the partially covered decks is that if the weather is bad you can still be on the balcony, but if the weather is good you get the benefit of also enjoying the sunshine. We had both types of weather and enjoyed them both from our balcony. You'll love the Coral no matter where you are but that's just my 2 cents. I've been trying to figure out how to post my pic's but haven't done it yet. I have a great view of all the lower balconies so you can get a picture of which you'd like. I'll let you know as soon as I get them up.

I would also like information on the Coral. We will be on her in April going through the panama canal. We have booooked an inside cabin, would like to know if there are any good viewing places. I was on the Regal S.F. to Alaska and loved it. The weather was beautiful only a little drizzle in Juneau.

Delores

1stcruz,

I saw on another thread that you got a few of your pictures posted. They are great!Thanks for posting them. It gives me an idea of how the deck tiers are laid out. Can't wait to see the rest.

How much do the bump outs block the view from the balconies in sections of the ship (on the Caribe, Baha and Aloha decks) in between the bump outs ( for example Cabin C520). We are considering a port side cabin on the caribe deck because of the larger balcony. Are the balconies truly abut 1/2 covered? Any other suggestions?

Hi We were on the Coral 1/22/04..It was my first cruise with Princess and I'm hooked..To say the Coral is beautiful is an injustice..She is awesome..elegant but not intimidating..with many quiet, out of the way, nooks to relax plus lots of entertaining area..We, my husband and I, found the evening schedule very conducive to our tastes..We used traditional dining @ 6..caught the early show in the Princess theater..then off to the Explorer's Lounge for their 9:30 program..changes every night..A sock hop/country night, you get the pictures..always something to do/see..If I'm not careful, I will 'wax poetic' about the Coral..I can't think of one thing I didn't like..for those who are booked on this ship..I hope your cruise is as enjoyable as ours...We were in C315..partially covered balcony...It was perfect for our needs..of interest..the only time I really noticed increased activity on the balconies was during the Panama Canal transit..

Looking forward to our next two Princess cruises....

Carribean Princess 8/21/04

Sun Princess 2/07/05

Carol

How much do the bump outs block the view from the balconies in sections of the ship (on the Caribe, Baha and Aloha decks) in between the bump outs ( for example Cabin C520). We are considering a port side cabin on the caribe deck because of the larger balcony. Are the balconies truly abut 1/2 covered? Any other suggestions?

We had C637 which is the first cabin on the aft bump out. We had friends two cabins down in the BA's and several times I would point something out I saw and they would answer with we can't see it because your cabin is in the way. They also said we ended up in alot of the pictures they took since our balcony was always in their field of view. The bump out cabins on the caribe are more than half covered. Seems to me there was only a foot or two that wasn't covered.

Scott

We were also on the Coral just this last Feb. going through the Panama Canal and we had a BE balcony totally covered and just loved. The balcony was not huge but it was enough for us. I agree with the above posts to have at least a partially open balcony rather than fully exposed in Alaska. The weather sometimes can be rainy and misty. Have a great cruise.

Marilyn

Thanks fo all your help with our cabin questions. I think we will either go with the BA kind of in the middle of the sets of bump outs or the AD catagory (hopefuly one on the bump out). I'm going to call our travel agent today to get prices on those cabins.

Happy Cruising!

Coincidentally we have choosen C520 with relatiaves in 518 on the Coral for Panama 4/27/05. From messages posted regarding the bump outs blocking the view, we figured we were far enough away, sure hope so. We will be 7 cabins away from the bump out rather than the 2 as in the above mentioned post. But whatever I think from the sounds of happy cruisers we will be happy on the Coral.

painfree,

We are in B231, which is a little more forward than your cabin (C309 I think). Did you have any problem with motion or noise? Seems like the only possible drwback to our location :).

• 1 month later...

Archived