Perfect Day in Key West?

cee.lynn

Hi everyone. I will visiting Key West on my upcoming cruise and will be there from about 11am to 6pm. Anyone have any ideas on what I shoud do? I will have done enough snorkeling and water sports by then... any suggestions??

I would really appreciate it!

Thanks.

take the conch trolly tour.. stop at Truman's white house, Hemingways home, and of course Jimmy's Margariteaville for a cheeseburger in heaven..

The trolly and Hemingway house are good suggestions. Butterfly conservatory is nice too. Also Pirate Soul Museum.

As for Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville - we always stop for souvineers and t-shirts. Skip the burger, the food there is average at best. Almost anywhere else is a better choice for a meal.

Before we went to Key West last year, a friend recommended we check out a store called Peppers Of Key West. Its really cool! They sell hot sauces and pepper-themed kitchenware. But the neat thing is they have peppersauce tastings. You can try a wide variety of sauces with chips, and there is no charge! They don't serve beverages but you can bring your own in. Really neat place, and the guys who run it are fantastic. Its just a few blocks from Mallory Square.

Before we went to Key West last year, a friend recommended we check out a store called Peppers Of Key West. Its really cool! They sell hot sauces and pepper-themed kitchenware. But the neat thing is they have peppersauce tastings. You can try a wide variety of sauces with chips, and there is no charge! They don't serve beverages but you can bring your own in. Really neat place, and the guys who run it are fantastic. Its just a few blocks from Mallory Square.

Mike and Tom are friends of mine and super nice guys. They love it when you stop by the store and visit (especially if you bring beer) LOL

There is always something new to see or taste.

Mike:)

Lunch at BO's Fish Wagon, Key Lime pie at Kermits, boozin' at Kelly's, Hog's Breath, and just about everywhere else. Finish with Key Lime pie at Blond Giraffe. Buy some risque t-shirts and other junk. And most exciting of all, watch the sunset.

Are you a walker?? Walk down to the southernmost point, past Hemmingway house (just to say you saw it), stop at Blue Heaven for a cold beer, head over to BO's fishwagon for lunch. Head back to Duval to Margaritaville (if you must, not the best one I've been to, but people think you have to stop there), start heading back and stop at Fat Tuesday for a daiquiri, Irish Kevin's for a sing-along, Kell'ys for dinner, Capt Tony's for a drink and a visit with some locals, Hog's Breath for a drink and a T-shirt (Hog's Breath is better than No Breath at All) and by that time it should be all-aboard.!

Archived