Adventure Ocean Program

Our daughter was 7 last winter and LOVED the Adventure Ocean program.

One night the kids put on a circus in the promenade - they were dressed up as lions, tigers, etc. Another night they put on a Pirate Parade along the promenade. For these activities they'd prepare and dress up in the late afternoon and then put on the show around 5:00PM.

I thought the staff that worked with the kids was awesome.

My sons are 11 ans 12 by the time we hit the ship. Did you kids enjoy the program?

Any Sample is a start.

Thanks

My twins were 11 when we cruised last year. They had a blast. They are polar opposites. 1 enjoyed the rock wall, the other roller blading. We did very little time in the arcade, maybe 1 hour 1 night. We stressed ahead of time that it was not the focus. We also were very clear on the rules (like no solarium, and we stayed out as well - our choice) We went roller blading and 1 enjoyed ice skating with his dad, the other played putt-putt w/ me. We asked them how they liked the kids programs on RCCL vs. Disney, and they liked RCCL better - but in all fairness they recall RCCL's better. They were never bored. We brought gameboys just in case and never got them out! We did a Western. They loved Sting Ray city in Gr. Caymen. They are actually scolding me for not wanting to tour OSJ when we go next year and can't believe we missed the ruins in Cozumel. "Mom, this is history!" I feel like the kid...."but I want to snorkel". Do some research before you go in and see- they just may surprise you at what they want to do! They are at a great age for cruising. Have fun!

also if you search "adventure Ocean compass" I bet you will find a sample.

Karen

On Explorer they even had a talent show with the kids! My daughter loved being able to brag at her dance studio that she had danced on a cruise ship stage! She also loved the ruins and the sting rays. But I had a hard time dragging her out of the kid's club at night.

The groups go 9-11 and 12 -14 so if your sons want to stay together they'll have move up or down (most probably down, don't know if they'll move up). Also, if your kids like structure better off staying w/the 9-11, the "teenager" group is much less structured, so I've heard.

Archived