Attn Walmart Shoppers - Phony Fendi

Jane110

Hi Jane, I don't know about Sam's club as there are none here but I know Costco sells high end stuff. Not as high end as in the US, there were a few pradas and some Tag Heuer (sp?) watches but I never saw a Rolex. I did read that in the USA Costcos sells this stuff, there were many articles on Costco selling cashmere sweaters, rolexes a lot of high ticket items.

I don't think people go to these stores just for the high ticket items. I go to Costco for stuff like toilet paper, paper towels, etc, I like the fact that it is packed in large quantity they also have some food items that no other grocery store has imported from the USA.

So if someone is there shopping for stuff, and they see the bag and buy it, they didn't go there to shop for the bag. I can understand why someone would buy it and shop at a Sams Club/Costco regardless of their income.

I wonder if it works like Costco at Sam's Club. We have a lot of Costcos here, I go to one that is like 8 min from my house if there is no traffic, but they don't sell all the same stuff as the one that is 30 min from my house, most of it is the same but not everything. And the same with many of the others, most is the same, but not every item so I wonder if all the Sam's clubs were selling those Fendi's.

As far as cleanliness, well the Costco that is 8min from my house is clean compared to the one that is 30 min from my house. Not all are exactly equal.

Do I trust a company just because it's a big name, no, it's not in my nature, to much greed going around in corporations (think Enron and WorldCom). I'd be surprised with all the bad press that is going around about Wal-mart but who knows? But I would wait to make a judgement till all the evidence is in.

Rembember Bloomingdales had a scandel for something or other about bringing in designer high end dresses without paying import tax or something, this is way back when Nancy and Ronald were in office.

Fendi is owned by the LVHC, last I heard that had 80 or so brands under it's name, I'd be surprised if they brought the suit without some evidence at least.

Jane please keep posting, I'm very interested to hear how this plays out and who wins.

Hi,

If you are really interested in trying a " Walmart" store, there are 2, within 10 to 15 minutes of Old. Montreal.

One is right off the Champlain bridge & the other near Blue Bonnets.

I agree with the other posters about buying cotton underwear! great prices.

Hi Fleuve, thanks.

I know I've gone a couple of times to the one over the bridge when going to the Honda dealer that is passed them and I needed something so I figured I'd just pop in. Can't say it was a great experience for various reasons and time wise not worth it, for me it's more like 20 - 30 min and the one near Blue Bonnets is the Decarie figure that to be about 15 at least and that can be blocked as you know at any time of day but good to know just in case I'm in that area and need something.

Sam's Club is in Canada I believe but in limited areas. There is one in London with a walmart across the road(soon to be be a supper walmart.) It should be interesting to see how that plays out as the population base is not as big as GTA (Toronto). The area is in to north end of the city quite a distance from the 401. Costco was here first so I tend to go there.

Sam's Club is in Canada I believe but in limited areas. There is one in London with a walmart across the road(soon to be be a supper walmart.) It should be interesting to see how that plays out as the population base is not as big as GTA (Toronto). The area is in to north end of the city quite a distance from the 401. Costco was here first so I tend to go there.

Ah that's good to know, thank you. None here that I know of (Quebec). I go to Costco too. Maybe Sam's Club will open up here, I would be curious to see if they carry different products. I don't know if we have super walmarts here. I like Costco. Funny thing, when I was on chemo, my oncologist and my personal physical trainer said to walk as much as possible. Well it was summer and I don't take heat well so I went to Costco, large walking space and a/c, so I could say Costco was my physical theraphy too.

Costco and Sam's Club carry some same lines but have different things also. I have not been sam's lately. Superwalmart carry groceries. They will be competing with Loblaw's Canadian Superstores similiar to Meijer's in the States. Superstores have a clothing line called Joe, I can't recall the designer but it is a price point market scheme.

Costco and Sam's Club carry some same lines but have different things also. I have not been sam's lately. Superwalmart carry groceries. They will be competing with Loblaw's Canadian Superstores similiar to Meijer's in the States. Superstores have a clothing line called Joe' date=' I can't recall the designer but it is a price point market scheme.[/quote']

Thanks Bobby's Girl, that answers my curiosity. We have Loblaw's here but it's a hike so I don't go unless in that part of town. Actually all the Loblaws are not worth the drive just to go to them so only when in the area of one and if I need groceries.

It's not the cleanest of their stores either. Can't remember seeing Meijer's in the USA. I know Price Chopper, Wynn Dixie, Dag's (NYC) Hanaford and a few others, but that one I just don't remember.

Archived