Try to find your Guar cabin number lately?

Cinderose

I just tried to find my cabin number for a guarantee room using the send yourself a gift method and I think Carnival has gotten wise to this trick. They now are requiring your booking number and cabin number to be entered in. If you dont you cant go forward or it gives you a 1-800 number to call and order. Any other tricks out there or a way to get around this?

Thanks!

I read somewhere that this does not work until final payment deadline has come (75 days out?). Then they do the placements.

I have been checking all the time too:(

My cruise isn't until October and final payent isn't due until Aug. 8th.

I've been trying too. Somebody told me to go into my reservation (it must be registered on their site with your booking number to do this), click "modify booking," and see what the assignment is on the next screen.

However, mine still says GUAR. I've called Carnival a few times, but they keep saying I'll get my assignment at the pier. Somebody else told me to check 24 hours before and it might be there. Also, I guess the porters at the pier will have a manifest with my room number for the luggage.

I'm sailing on 6/21, so it's getting close! I guess we'll just be surprised, hopefully pleasantly!

I just tried to find my cabin number for a guarantee room using the send yourself a gift method and I think Carnival has gotten wise to this trick. They now are requiring your booking number and cabin number to be entered in. If you dont you cant go forward or it gives you a 1-800 number to call and order. Any other tricks out there or a way to get around this?

Thanks!

This is how I found out mine. Got to Carnival's website, and at the bottom of the screen click on funpass. Make sure your pop-up blockers are off for a couple of minutes. Enter your booking number, go down to the next box, enter your last name, next box , from the drop-down list select the ship your are sailing, and at the next drop box, select the sail date, then click continue. At the next page you will see a square with all of your names, underneath, you'll see order gifts & services. Click on order gifts & services. Now look up in the address bar of your screen. You should see at the end of the address bar, cabin number=guar......that's what you'll see if you haven't been assigned a cabin. OR you will see cabin number=R123, or whatever your cabin number is. Good luck:)

Booked mine thru a TA and checked 95 days out from sailing and had a cabin # already assigned however today i can not gain access but I think they are having issues thru the website because I can't even access my reservation. Just keep trying!!! :(

I booked GTYs 2x on CCL cruises. One time, the gift method never worked ( I had booked via a TA for that cruise). The other time, I got my room num 89 days out. I had booked directly with CCL that time. I am currently 95 days out for a 3rd CCL cruise which I booked via TA. Still showing up as GTY.

If you have made your final payment and you are approx. 60 days out and have an individual booking number (not a group #) Grab a deck plan and using the gift section "buy" something.

It will ask for booking # and stateroom. Start entering stateroom #'s from the deckplan in your guarantee catagory. Eventually it will appear.

I have had this work even when my completed Funpass still said GTY. It also works for finding friends staterooms if they have their booking numbers.

Yes it can be tedious. But it works.

This is how I found out mine. Got to Carnival's website, and at the bottom of the screen click on funpass. Make sure your pop-up blockers are off for a couple of minutes. Enter your booking number, go down to the next box, enter your last name, next box , from the drop-down list select the ship your are sailing, and at the next drop box, select the sail date, then click continue. At the next page you will see a square with all of your names, underneath, you'll see order gifts & services. Click on order gifts & services. Now look up in the address bar of your screen. You should see at the end of the address bar, cabin number=guar......that's what you'll see if you haven't been assigned a cabin. OR you will see cabin number=R123, or whatever your cabin number is. Good luck:)

Nope--couldn't find it. Just the sail date, name o'the ship, etc.. and nothing remotely similar to a cabin #. Guess we'll be surprised. Only 45 days to go.

I'm at 137 days out but have been checking regularly. On the main page I click on "my reservation". After signing in I click on "complete online fun pass". From the fun pass page I click on "buy gifts & services". This will open a different window. In the address bar, at the end of the link will be "CabinNumber=XXXX". If it's assigned it will give the cabin number where the Xs are. If not, it will say GUAR.

Well, my next Carnival cruise is still 388 days away...

I'm not going to waste my time worrying... (or should I get real obsessive and check three times a day every day for the next 388 days?).

I've got a balcony guarantee...and I'll take any balcony anyway...That's why I booked it that way...

Mine just showed up today, 29 days out.... got M258 on Inspiration.

Bubbles is correct about disabling the pop up blocker, I tried to check thru the gift purchase trick from Chicago last week on the laptop and could not figure out why the gift screen wasn't working!!!! :confused: Wife has the blocker on that computer!!

• 1 month later...
If you have made your final payment and you are approx. 60 days out and have an individual booking number (not a group #) Grab a deck plan and using the gift section "buy" something.

It will ask for booking # and stateroom. Start entering stateroom #'s from the deckplan in your guarantee catagory. Eventually it will appear.

I have had this work even when my completed Funpass still said GTY. It also works for finding friends staterooms if they have their booking numbers.

Yes it can be tedious. But it works.

Hey! It did work. :eek: But it definitely was tedious since we are in the next to last room in that category on the deckplan. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, it worked!!! We're sailing on the Inspiration on October 5th and were able to get our cabin assignment by "buying" a cake! It is a bit tedious and I clearly should have started from the other end of the ship! But at least now I know my cabin number! Thank to all of those who led the way! :)

Mine just showed up today, 29 days out.... got M258 on Inspiration.

Bubbles is correct about disabling the pop up blocker, I tried to check thru the gift purchase trick from Chicago last week on the laptop and could not figure out why the gift screen wasn't working!!!! :confused: Wife has the blocker on that computer!!

ahhhhhhh yes, a lady always likes to hear she was right;) Glad to know telling ya to turn off the pop-up blocker helped:)

I read on another forum last Friday (I'm still looking for that thread) that your cabin number is in your cruise documents. I booked a OV Guar and it's not listed online, but it is on the back page of the S&S card in the documents. It's a long number that starts with your booking number, the very next number is your cabin number. Now, I think I read that it may change but mostly that is what you will get. Hope that helps. I did go home and look at my documents and indeed found the number.

here's the thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=397463&highlight=numbers

Archived