Luggage tag question!

stateparent

Is is now normal to just receive 2 luggage tags in with your cruise docs??? It's only been a year since we've cruised, and I don't ever remember only being sent a couple. There are 3 of us....and 2 tags. My travel agent said that is all HAL will send out now. I am assuming they are available at Canada Place, but previously our luggage was always taken from us prior to going inside. Anyone had any experience with this??? Thanks!

I guess it depends on the timing of "now" but as recent as this past February my wife and I received 6 tags for the 2 of us. Maybe if "now" being like in the past couple of months your TA is correct. You will be able to get additional tags at the terminal. If you're staying in a pre-cruise hotel, and it happens to be one of the hotels HAL uses for pre-cruise passengers, you might even be able to get extra tags from the HAL hostess who usually sets up a table in the hotel lobby. If you're going directly from the airport to the terminal there's a chance you can get extra tags from the HAL representative at the airport. They typically are around the baggage claim area trying to round up HAL passengers who have purchased HAL transfers to the ship.

Hi, I would ask you TA to call HAL and request additional luggage tags. On our recent Ryndam Alaska cruise we had 6 of them in our Document packet. Three for each of us. Normally we get two a piece but it did not surprise us that we had more for Alaska since we did pack a few more items and did take an additional suit case. I am sure HAL will be happy to send out additional luugage tags.

We've cruised only twice, but bot times received 4 tags, even though on our first cruise there were three of us booked.... I think whoever loads the folder must not look at the tickets to see how many passengers are in the booking.... :rolleyes: Tags are available at the pier, and we also saw HAL agents handing them out in the airport.

I've always received 6 tags from HAL. However, one time I didn't get any "mariner tags" and I called my TA - not for the mariner tags (I have tons of those lying around the house) but just to make sure that I had received the mariner discount on my fare. Sure enough I had received the mariner discount but I was also FedExed some mariner tags and given an extra $25.00 cabin credit, which was a nice surprise.

I'm not saying that you will get any extra cabin credit and I'm not expecting ever to get it again myself, but it couldn't hurt to call your TA and ask them to call HAL for more luggage tags.

I have to agree with Jean that shorting you on luggage tags is taking penny pinching to the max!

Valerie:)

We have always rec`d 6 tags, any less is I think is petty penny pinching. Who wants to stand at the pier writing up 3 or 4 additional tags........not me!!.....jean:cool:

I'd be willing to bet that it was a one-time oversight...

...but I've needed extra tags at the pier (Yes, lots of luggage!) and all they really need is your last name and stateroom number on the tag to get it to your stateroom aboard ship. Bring a Sharpie pen and have it in your bag where you can get at it quickly and easily to write with - ignore the lines on the tag and write BIG. You can always get different tags at the front desk to fill out more completely/neatly for when you disembark at the end of your cruise.

Is is now normal to just receive 2 luggage tags in with your cruise docs??? It's only been a year since we've cruised, and I don't ever remember only being sent a couple. There are 3 of us....and 2 tags. My travel agent said that is all HAL will send out now. I am assuming they are available at Canada Place, but previously our luggage was always taken from us prior to going inside. Anyone had any experience with this??? Thanks!
I think your TA just didnt want to handle this one. I just received my doc's for July 1st and there were 6 tags. If you dont have time to get anymore I would just put plain tags on the luggage with your name and address and your cabin in big bold numbers. That is all you need and it sure beats trying to get more tags and filling them out at the dock.

Thanks, folks.....I have put another e-mail in to my TA, although her previous response was clipped (as have been all responses to any questions....but that is another story, and definitely not an agency I will use again.) I will let you know the outcome. No, I definitely don't want to be searching for tags and filling them out at embarkation....especially since we will have a lot of luggage, not to mention that we are joining 8 other family members in Vancouver that morning, so it will be crazy enough!

I just picked up our docs this morning. Inside each are 3 luggage tags for the tour portion but only 2 for the cruise portion. That more than covers what we are taking.

If you can't get more until the getting to the ship, have labels already made up with the info so all you'll have to do is stick them on the tag.

Our docs were interesting. My mother and I, who are sharing a cabin and live 400 miles apart, got one set of docs to her house, with 4 tags, total.

Our friends, who are also sharing a cabin and who live 2 miles apart, got seperate docs and 4 tags each.

HAL had all 4 addresses for the booking. I thought that was an interesting approach.

This sounds as if the number of tags you get depends on who puts your docs together at HAL.

This time we got only four tags total. I always like being able to "tag" all luggage--even small ones we roll aboard.

Archived