Where to begin?

joschwin

Ok I have never done this before but I have narrowed it down to cruising to the Western Caribbean the week of Nov.18,06. We are a family of 4 2 child. 18 and 15. I am thinking that I would like to get 2 cabins an outside and an inside. Or would a quad be cheaper? Now we are mostly interested in good food, I am really confused on which cruise line to be looking into. Any really good suggestions Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Joan

Talk to a travel agent who specializes in cruises. You can walk in or call one on the phone. they'll ask you questions about yourself and your family and your budget and help you narrow things down.

Then come here and ask specific questions. We'll walk you through this!

Ok I have never done this before but I have narrowed it down to cruising to the Western Caribbean the week of Nov.18,06. We are a family of 4 2 child. 18 and 15. I am thinking that I would like to get 2 cabins an outside and an inside. Or would a quad be cheaper? Now we are mostly interested in good food, I am really confused on which cruise line to be looking into. Any really good suggestions Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.

Joan

Usually a quad would be cheaper, but sometimes depending on the week it can be just as inexpensive to get 2 cabins. You should call a TA and price both. With teens, I would look at Carnival's newer ships, Royal Caribbean's Voyager class or Freedom class, or Princess' Grand class for ships.

You have the right approach. I would recommend getting two cabins. Because of the ages of the children, when you sign up for the cabins on the reservation you will have to put yourself in one cabin with a child, and put your wife in the other cabin with a child. Then when you get on board you can switch cabins and get new keys (ship cards) issued for this change.

I recommend booking as soon as you can so that you can get cabins in fairly close proximity of one another.

There are a variety of cruise ships you can select from. Go find a TA that specializes in cruising and contact them soon. Some lines to ask about include Celebrity, Royal Caribbean, and Princess. There are others out there and you can see what the TA has to say.

Keith

Archived