Bad Legend Experience

I'd be saddened to hear of a bad experience aboard the Legend. We sailed her last December, and she was a beauty. We had a wonderful time. I'll be anxious to hear of the experience of this fellow cruiser.

Lisa

Waiting to hear more..... am booked for this November 11th !!!!!

If the OP doesn't get back to us, I promise you a full and comprehensive report when we get back (14 nights from 22nd July)

Alan

I wonder what was bad about the cruise? We have been on the Legend 3 times, and she is our favorite!:)

I'll look forward to hearing more. Hard to believe that anyone could really have a totally bad cruise on the Legend!!

Rick

Same here, we have sailed twice on the Legend and love her!

Hey Margie

We had a great cruise on the Legend in 2003, we, also, docked next to her while on the Splendour in February this year and she looked good.

jc

I sailed on Legend this past March... it was a GREAT cruise.

Not to worry, you will have fun on Legend.

Many negative experiences on the fleet of ships are posted, but that doesnt mean YOUR experience will be bad. Everyone has their own opinions.

One OP that posted how bad the Legend was has already booked her for the Dominican Republic cruises next year.

We were on her in 99 and are booked for 25 November this year. We're just disappointed she isn't scheduled to get the new beds until early next year. Other than that, we anticipate a great cruise.

Someone mentioned in another post entitled "Prawns". That they had returned from a "very bad" cruise on the Legend on 27th of May. Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks

Alan

Hi Alan....As a faithful Legend cheerleader..about to take her second Med cruise on her shortly..I actually was the first to reply to you earlier today..however.. I decided to erase my reply....fearing it would stir trouble. I hoped instead that your thread would be overlooked.

Thankfully It did even better....It has Brought In Loads Of additional Positive Feedback for legend...who has done amazingly well lately...and come into her own for supporters. Fans of another cruiseline..did their best to tarnish LOS last year.. on very small issues...things that would not occur to me as a problem or complaint. It took months to overcome those remarks..and get all the Good vibes going for Legend again. Not only on this chat site...but on "Ship happens"..the British version.. Legend dominates the topics for weeks now.. with loads of people due to set sail next month..and some onboard now. It is a very happy group of people. quite a few return customers....like myself.

WHY...Go and draw attention with a Very Negative titled thread.To some obscure comment Made weeks ago??.. If you know the title and date of that thread..how are you missing the actual facts?? I have to say..little about Legend passes me by..and I don't remember any serious issues lately.

What I can say about Legend is.....".She is Not the Newest or Biggest ship of the RC fleet"......she doesn't have all the "Bells and Whistles"..and 10 places to eat.. or ice skating..or a shoping mall.. What she does have is elegance..beauty..amazing sea views..a friendly atmosphere..wonderful crew..lovely decor...amazing ports..and above all..she is the best value 14 day Med cruise around...and the most Fun I have had in a Very, very long time!..I went looking to Enjoy Myself..and I Did. If I had gone Looking for Probems..I could have succeeded as well. Attitude counts for a lot.

In Fact..I have been lucky enough to be booked for 2007 on Legend..my 3 x...for what has been described as the BEST MED Itinery ever...by.. a large Uk travel company..specializing in cruises.. Legend sails from Rome next year..on an itinery on August 11th through Italy and Croatia.. My dream cruise..and many other peoples' I should think.

The itinery includes..an overnight stop in Livorno...and in Venice....allowing 2 full days in each. which is virtually unheard of...and allows for time to see Pisa and florence. Plus plenty of time in Venice..It also stops in Naples..(Capri) , Portofino..and Messina....in Italy...and Dubrovnik and split in Croatia...Only RC is showing this itinery on it's website so far..it is just in the process of being loaded onto the TA websites. Best of ALL...I will have my first Balcony!!!.. for £1479.....less than the price of a deck 2 cabin on Navigator. I am over the moon... Carol

Someone mentioned in another post entitled "Prawns". That they had returned from a "very bad" cruise on the Legend on 27th of May. Can anyone elaborate?

Thanks

Alan

I have just seen mentioned the missed ports..by a poster above. I know what the problem is..there was very little written about it that I saw. So I have never mentioned it just in case there is a reason..and RC has asked passengers not to discuss it. I know someone who was onboard..

Legend hit some very bad weather..on a 7 day cruise to Guernsey, La rochelle? in France..vigo and Lisbon. It was unavoidable. Two ports out of 4 had to be cancelled. France..and Lisbon. One of the people I had been chatting with on the boards about Legend ...sent me an Email about her cruise. It was horrendous apparently weatherwise.The ship she loved and the crew..and this is from a woman past 70...she had nothing but praise for them. she was traveling with a frail sister in tow..but the weather was very, very rough. There were complaints about the missed ports..and some dispute about Lisbon..not clear what.. by some of the passengers... RC offered All of the passengers 50% off their next cruise. Carol

I just knew I would find you here Carol :D ....I call you "Legendary Carol" now to my family and friends :D :D

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Hi Liz..yeah that is me..."Legendary Carol"....I really like that...Cheers.. you have brightened my day. I actually was avoiding replying...and trying to find and answer a number of messages from yesterday. Ya know the expression "Get A Life"? Well I have finally found one..on these message boards..lol Only trouble is... I have to keep correcting my typing..and it takes me hours..AND the House is A mess!!

I try to tell my family about all the nice people I meet...but they just say "OH, NO..not more about cruises...and ships!!

Hey!! I think I owe you a commission for giving that exclusive news flash to me yesterday ...about legend Best Med Itinery..which I just name dropped above.

How is your son today? Hope he is feeling better. I have been 10x worse ..trouble with asthma as well..my neighbour called in and she had breathing problems today..and it is a first for her. I am feeling better tonight. I have another grandma and grandaughter day tomorrow. I am hoping "Our Evie" will be feeling better. she is away next week on holiday...and I will miss her. but I am hoping she will have a wonderful time. regards, Carol

Hi "Legendary Carol"

Sorry to hear you arent feeling any better..:( .Alex is much the same..I just keep giving him the meds....and hopefully he will be better soon.

I live on cruise boards....and it just got worse today ;) but I will email you about that hahaha

I dont think the OP was being mean etc about the Legend...Alan often makes me laugh on here.:D

Hope Evie is better soon and can enjoy her holiday :D

Take care

Liz

WYWH Cruiser

Elizanessie...Liz...I forgot to mention..I showed my daughters the Emails I tried to send you....and they could see no porblem with how I had addressed or sent them. It must be something with our Hotmail..?? Anything with AOL..doesn't go through..Annes' (GEDEM) was the same...and another lady off ship happens..but she changed to Yahoo and it worked. Take care...Thanks again for all your kindness. Carol

If the OP doesn't get back to us, I promise you a full and comprehensive report when we get back (14 nights from 22nd July)

Alan

Hey Alan...My Apologies...the title threw me..and the date..If I had seen the missed ports bit straight away..I would have realized what it was all about. It seemed like it was a trick to get attention...and maybbe a bit of a heated debate..my error...

Anyway..have you checked the "ship happens website"..there are loads of people going along on July 22nd...Heather, Caroline, Nancy, to name but a few...All lovely people. Legend has been the topic there for weeks. of course I am there as well..but sailing august 5th...you can contact me at dannygodfrey@hotmail.co.uk for more details that might interest you. Carol

Hey Alan...My Apologies...the title threw me..and the date..If I had seen the missed ports bit straight away..I would have realized what it was all about. It seemed like it was a trick to get attention...and maybbe a bit of a heated debate..my error...

Anyway..have you checked the "ship happens website"..there are loads of people going along on July 22nd...Heather, Caroline, Nancy, to name but a few...All lovely people. Legend has been the topic there for weeks. of course I am there as well..but sailing august 5th...you can contact me at dannygodfrey@hotmail.co.uk for more details that might interest you. Carol

Many thanks for all your great input Carol. I have appreciated your Legend info for many months now. Just hope she's as good as the Brilliance!

Alan:) :) :)

Many thanks for all your great input Carol. I have appreciated your Legend info for many months now. Just hope she's as good as the Brilliance!

Alan:) :) :)

Hi Alan,

Thanks so much for the kind words...I truly hope you will enjoy Legend. I must say, I have always wanted to try the Brilliance..as I know the Radiance class ships are truly beautiful. Light and bright like Legend...with lots of glass and amazing seaviews...something that is very important to me. she is Also just that bit larger..with a gorgeous atrium area...and a few extras thrown in...that legend doesn't offer. It will be very hard to beat her. However, if you look to Legend as a whole new experience..and with an open mind to just enjoy yourself...I think you will have a wonderful time. Have a Great cruise! Regards, carol

Archived