Suites Priority Debarkation?

Suites only have priority embarkation, not disembarkation. Platinum/Diamond C & A members and early flight get off first, as soon as the ship is cleared by customs. Then the self-assist passengers disembark, then they go on down the list of color tags. So if your parents can't wait to get off :), have them sign up for self-assist. This means they don't put their luggage out the night before but have to carry their own off the ship. If that's too much to handle, then hope they have a flight home before noon.

:) I think it also depends on the ship's policy. Some ships don't have self-assisted checkout and some suites do get priority disembarkation. I just called RCCL and they said they do give priority disembarkation to GS and above....so I guess it varies and you should check by giving the cruiseline a call...maybe it's hit or miss situation. I have heard people who get the priority disembarkation with suites and those who have not...

Was just on the Explorer in a Grand SUite- NO PRIORITY Demembarkation- we were 3rd or 4th off---the thing is- have your parents be sure to use the coincierge and the lounge- Ours did everything for us and if they need to be off early he will definetly help them. We were out by about 11am when the first group went off at 9:15....it was smooth but had a lot of waiting. If the coincierge cant help they will be allowed to eat and wait in coincierge lounge- we did and it was very pleasant.

Actually, Platinum C&A pax are not entitled to priority disembarkation (embarkation only, not priority tendering either), but get a lounge with coffee & continental breakfast while waiting for their tags to be called. Diamond gets priority, and I believe that full suites (GS+) do, too. We've only stayed in a full suite once & were already Diamond, so I don't know if we would have disembarked first with just the suite status.

Archived