Question re Water Bottles in Cabins

Don't know for sure, but it is probably in that range. Tap water onboard is potable and I rarely buy bottled water at home and never onboard a cruise ship. Check out the labels on some of that "fancy" bottled water and you may find that its source is a municipal water someplace in the US.:rolleyes:

on the Explorer last week, I found that the water from the bathroom tap tasted and smelled of chlorine. I had my wide-mouth Nalgene bottle along, filled it up, then put it in the fridge. Opened it to drink - yes, it was potable, but not very nice. For the rest of the trip, I went up to Windjammer and filled it -- NOT directly from the water machine, as there are signs asking you not to do that for health reasons -- but by taking several pre-filled glasses and pouring them in my bottle. Man, was I glad I had that along on my port calls! It was so hot & humid!

I think you are right, about $3.

I've been reading lately that the desalinization (sp) process for the onboard "tap" water leaves salt in the water that causes some people bloating by weeks end.

Even though it's not a "popular" answer, might I suggest that you smuggle a gallon or two of your own water onboard along with a liter bottle of water. Put the gallons in the fridge to keep them cold and simply refill your liter bottle to carry with you.

I used to haul my own water aboard. Too lazy these days... but can't stand any ship's "potable" water for drinking --

Now I just pay the charge for Evian or whatever it is and I'm happy -- don't gamble or drink much alcohol so I'm fine with it. Just wondering if it was up to $4 per bottle yet. :(

Thank you for your input.

quote=sas80]I think you are right, about $3.

I've been reading lately that the desalinization (sp) process for the onboard "tap" water leaves salt in the water that causes some people bloating by weeks end.

Even though it's not a "popular" answer, might I suggest that you smuggle a gallon or two of your own water onboard along with a liter bottle of water. Put the gallons in the fridge to keep them cold and simply refill your liter bottle to carry with you.

Come on your on vacation--spoil yourself--don't you deserve it,

Buy the bottle water.

You only live once.

On a 7 day cruise I usually spend $150.00 for water. Celebrity sold small bottles of Evian for $4.00 but the large ones were $6.00. We always bought the big bottle.

Tap water tastes like s**t.

the desalinization (sp) process for the onboard "tap" water leaves salt in the water that causes some people bloating by weeks end.

Sure, blame it on the water. The food had nothing to do with it.

Personally, we've found the water to be fine. Absolutely no taste whatsoever.

I just called RCI for the 3rd time, pleading with their "Accessibility Desk" to find someone who could answer my question about how much salt is in the ship's water. My DH has severe sensitivity, & his Dr. told him to find this out. All 3 calls told me the only way to find out was to ask once onboard! I pointed out that then we'd have to tote LOTS of water onboard with us, & they indicated that yes, we should do that, hidden. Unfortunately, we both have bad backs & try like heck to lighten our load. Does anyone know how much sodium really is in RCI water?

I almost always take along the small bottles in my suitcase. Eight-pack in each suitcase (Walmart)....Nice size to put in backback or to put in ice bucket to keep cold. Just a suggestion. Doesn't your suitcase have wheels? You certainly will not have to lug your luggage around for long if you are concerned about packing it.

I plan on taking one or two cases (35 bottles) of Poland Spring in a softsided, rolling cooler. I drink lots of water, but NEVER drink tap water. You wouldn't either if you tasted ours. Don't want to take a chance on the ship. Read one post that said the water was brown a couple of days.:eek:

Sure, blame it on the water. The food had nothing to do with it.

Personally, we've found the water to be fine. Absolutely no taste whatsoever.

As I said, that is only what I have heard.

I, personally, have never been affected by any salt in the onboard tap water.

This last time I brought my own water onboard because I was 19 weeks pregnant and absoluely had to stay hydrated.

I just called RCI for the 3rd time, pleading with their "Accessibility Desk" to find someone who could answer my question about how much salt is in the ship's water. My DH has severe sensitivity, & his Dr. told him to find this out. All 3 calls told me the only way to find out was to ask once onboard! I pointed out that then we'd have to tote LOTS of water onboard with us, & they indicated that yes, we should do that, hidden. Unfortunately, we both have bad backs & try like heck to lighten our load. Does anyone know how much sodium really is in RCI water?

Sorry, dont know how much salt is actually in the water.

May I suggest that you wait until you reach the destination airport and then make your way to a supermarket and stock up on water. This way you wont have to lug it all the way from home.

You could probably even have your doctor write a note saying how you had to bring your own water to dink for health reasons.

Good luck

You initially said you read it, which would be stating as fact or quoting from another source.

Good Lord!

What are you jumpiong all over me??? :confused:

I "heard"/"read" it on these boards.

Give me a break!

Archived