Final Dawn Questions!

Ok, last minute questions about the Dawn this weekend

1.) Embarkation: I know there is a "suite" lounge area in the pier building but that is only for catagories AE and up. (we are in AF) I also heard that there was a "Lattitudes Lounge." I don't think that is right, but I'm asking here. Where do we go??

2.) What time do they start embarkation?

This will be my (and all but one of the 12 of us) first trip to NYC and I think that is what we are most apprehensive about now!

Thanks again for everyone's support and you know you will get a full and impartial review upon my return.

I would arrive around 10:30. Drop your bags with the porters (suggest $2/bag).

You'll take an elevator up. Head left. You'll see a staircase, that is where the latitudes and suites can wait. The people screening are usually clueless. If they are reluctant to let you in, just move on upstairs waiving your documents.

Enjoy!

Just got a call from NCL. Like others have been reporting, the June 17 cruise of the Dawn will be an hour late returning on June 24. (11:00 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m.).

Our plane reservations, through NCL, are out of LaGuardia at 3:20 p.m.. Will this be a problem? (It would be NCL's problem to fix though.)

Keystone...have a great trip. I anticipate your review more than anyone else's so far this season. I think you'll do a fair job. Let us know if you see the "cabin stealers." LOL I only joke because you got resolution to this. ;) Be safe.

Just got a call from NCL. Like others have been reporting, the June 17 cruise of the Dawn will be an hour late returning on June 24. (11:00 a.m. instead of 10:00 a.m.).

Our plane reservations, through NCL, are out of LaGuardia at 3:20 p.m.. Will this be a problem? (It would be NCL's problem to fix though.)

My dream call... longer on ship than anticipated!

Have a great time Keystone. We'll be anxiously awaiting your review.

I would arrive around 10:30. Drop your bags with the porters (suggest $2/bag).

You'll take an elevator up. Head left. You'll see a staircase, that is where the latitudes and suites can wait. The people screening are usually clueless. If they are reluctant to let you in, just move on upstairs waiving your documents.

Enjoy!

There is a "suite person" that has a list and you have to be on it or show your documents. It is roped off from the Latitudes members so that they can find you first and fast to get on the ship.

They are both upstairs and they have refreshments for you.

Mini Suites are not included in the first on.

3:20 should be no issue. Keep in mind the 10 am arrival is normally in well before 9 am. You should still be in before 10 am. Even if the ship arrives at 11 am no problem getting to the airport well before 2 pm

Enjoy - time to stop worrying - you done enough for 10 cruisers;)

Thanks to all for the advice.

Seahorse: I knew that mini suites do not count in the "suite" line and that is why I wanted to know about the Lattitude "lounge."

My TA just called and she also talked to NCL today about the time change and the flight. NCL informed her that they have accounted for the late arrival and plan to place all those with NCL arranged air at the top of disembarkation order on the 24th. They then have about 25 busses ordered to take people to the airport. The busses will be loaded by flight number and flight time.

Hey, I'm not worrying, an extra night in NYC wouldn't be toooooo bad. LOL.

See you when I get back....oh, and it may be a day or two before I get that review ready! :) :)

Thanks to all for the advice.

Seahorse: I knew that mini suites do not count in the "suite" line and that is why I wanted to know about the Lattitude "lounge."

My TA just called and she also talked to NCL today about the time change and the flight. NCL informed her that they have accounted for the late arrival and plan to place all those with NCL arranged air at the top of disembarkation order on the 24th. They then have about 25 busses ordered to take people to the airport. The busses will be loaded by flight number and flight time.

Hey, I'm not worrying, an extra night in NYC wouldn't be toooooo bad. LOL.

See you when I get back....oh, and it may be a day or two before I get that review ready! :) :)

Enjoy your trip. My husband and I did this trip on 5/20 -- we loved everything about it. We still talk about it every day and can't wait to go again. Make sure you go to Salsa and have the sangria. Also, the lasagna at La Trattoria is very very good. Have fun!!!

Archived