Basel hotel question

cruisencrazy

Hi,

Have never been to Basel, but I would search Fodor's, Frommer's, Rick Steves and Tripadvisor sites. I'm sure you'll find something within your budget. Another thought---look at the hotel the cruiseline is using. You will probably get a better deal if you go right to the hotel web site. We leave in 2 days for the River Royale--e-mail you when we return. Pat

Thanks for the info, but I have tried all of that. Even called Uniworld directly, but they gave me "inacurate" information. I won't give up. Best place of info so far has been expedia and orbitz. Have the BEST time on your trip!

I haven't been in Basle for 15 years. But, it is not very big. And, very easy to get around. In those days the King George (High end execs) in Grand Basle was top notch and us working class stiffs stayed in the the Europea in Little Basle. The Alexandra was not the place to stay unless you were a hooker.

Great city which I wanted to go back to with my wife. Well maybe, the next trip if my current planned river cruise proves to be as good as anticipated.

We stayed at the Hotel Radisson, Steinentorstrasse25, CH-4001 Basel and their phone number was 41-61-227-2727. It was very close to the city center, within walking distance to Market Square, right along the trolley path. The rooms were very clean but small. It was all part of our pre trip stay with GCT on the Christmas Markets trip in December. I would stay there again, no problem.

It wasn't very close to the docks, but a quick trolley ride.

We stayed at the Hotel Radisson, Steinentorstrasse25, CH-4001 Basel and their phone number was 41-61-227-2727. It was very close to the city center, within walking distance to Market Square, right along the trolley path. The rooms were very clean but small. It was all part of our pre trip stay with GCT on the Christmas Markets trip in December. I would stay there again, no problem.

It wasn't very close to the docks, but a quick trolley ride.

Thanks for the post. I booked two rooms in this hotel!

Archived