Weather for Mexican Riviera in October

drush

We were on the Oosterdam October 8th last year and probably had the very best weather we have ever had in the Mexican Riviera. The ocean water is still warm, the days are warm but not near as hot as summer and the evening are nice but not cold like they can be in January and February. I personally thing that October and November are the best. The seas were calm and we really had no rain. I think you picked a perfect time.:)

I did a 10 day Mexican Riviera in early Oct. 2003.

It was HOT,HOT,HOT. Every port was hot, but Cabo and Acapulco were hotter than hades. I have done a lot of Caribbean cruises some of which the weather was very hot but this Mexican Riviera cruise was by far the hottest weather I ever had on a cruise.

There was a hurricane near by, it was going one way and we were going the other way. We got a lot of wind but no rain. Everything was removed from the decks. The ship did a lot of rocking that day. :eek:

Laffnvegas, it sounds like your weather was wonderful.

gizmo, I guess it just goes to show the WEATHER is very unpredictable:D We went in Feb. and the evenings were just plain cold. We wanted to enjoy our lovely huge balcony in the evening like we did in October and it was just too cold. One of the things I liked about our October cruise was that at night we could sit out on the aft balcony and look up and watch all the stars. The weather was just so comfortable. It will be interesting to see how our weather will be for our 10 day in Mid November. I hope we have simliar weather to what we had last year in October.

Like has already been said, the weather along Mexico's west coast in October should be very nice. Be aware, however, that you will still be in hurricane season and there have been hurricanes that have struck the Mexican Riviera during that time (usuallly not at many as in the Carib). Rest asure that your captain will not take his ship and pax into the path of a hurricane if he can avoid it. Regardless of all this, the Mexican Riviera is a very nice area to visit on a cruise

Oh, kay are a double pea!

I just booked a 10-day Mexican Riviera/Sea of Cortez cruise for late October and I had totally forgotten about the hurricane season "down south". You would think that I would know better since I live in San Diego:o !

Well, as John (Copper 10-8) says, there just aren't that many hurricanes in that area. As long as I can get ashore in PV and go shopping then I'll be happy. I don't have a problem with rough seas and the waters in the Sea of Cortez will probably be calm. I can only remember one really bad time down there and it was on the old Noordam back in 1991. The ship survived, we survived and it was actually a fun cruise.

Several years ago I spent two two-week vacations in Puerto Vallarta, beginning at the end of October, and the weather was wonderful both times.

You will more than likely have wonderful weather and the Mexican Riviera is indeed a very nice area to visit.

Have a great time on your cruise!

Valerie:)

Hi Valerie,

My mom and I are also taking a cruise on the Zaandam in late Oct. Please join us on the roll call :)

Have been down there a few times in Oct. The way the weather has been this last year you just don't know for sure how it's gonna be. But I have my fingers crossed will be great this time. We were on a cruise down that way a couple of years ago in the middle of two hurricanes. I have found taking ginger tablets sure helps from getting sea sick. I never cruise without them anymore.

We used to vacation one or twice a year on Mexico's west coast, either Puerto Vallarta or Ixtapa, and found that mid-October was a killer for weather-- hot and very, very humid. It's the end of rainy season and the humidity can be very uncomfortable. Our favorite time of the year to go was the first two weeks of December or February-March.

Go prepared for it to be very hot and humid. Then if the weather is hot and humid the cruise will be as expected. No negative. But, if the weather turns out to be nice you will feel pleasantly surprised and will enjoy the cruise even more. Big positive!

Archived