Boarding time Pride of Hawaii

Lydia B.

Suggest you wait till after two pm. We boarded at just after noon and waited in three lines and then when we got onboard, none of the stateroom attendants or butlers were around to help us learn about the functioning of things in the suite. Others on our cruise who checked in just after two sailed right through without waiting.

I know the departure time for POH is 8:00 P.M., but how early can you board and if you go board early is there any where to get a bite to eat? Thanks Lydia

We arrived at the pier at noon , stood in the Latitudes line for about 15 minutes , boarded , went directly to our cabin (which was ready ) to drop off our bags , and were having lunch at the buffet by 12:45 PM . This was about the smoothest embarcations we have ever had .

• 3 weeks later...

And on the same subject, how late can you board? There's a lot I want to do in Honolulu. We're staying in an NCL booked hotel the two nights before - can they take care of my luggage for me?

I guess I want to be there for muster, what time is it at? Can I go for that, then get off for a few more hours?

We arrived at the pier at noon , stood in the Latitudes line for about 15 minutes , boarded , went directly to our cabin (which was ready ) to drop off our bags , and were having lunch at the buffet by 12:45 PM . This was about the smoothest embarcations we have ever had .

Kapuna, was there a faster embarkation check-in line for suites?

We dropped off our luggage around noon and then tried to board around 2 but stood in a long line- I would suggest the later the better- our room was ready but luggage did not arrive until about 5ish- buffet was open- limited food and plates-

Kapuna, was there a faster embarkation check-in line for suites?

Yes , there was a separate line for Latitudes and suites . As repeat cruisers we used this line ; it was shorter , but not faster , than the regular line because the latter has many more checkin stations where your boarding cards are issued . What tends to hold up the lines is that people do not have their materials (ticket, picture ID , credit card ) ready .

We got in the line to board at 12:50 and were on the ship within 20 minutes. This part was good. Unfortuantely, you couldn't take your carry-on bags and drop them off in your room then because they were still cleaning. On all of our other cruises, we've been able to at least drop them off even if they were still working on the cabin. And honestly, the cabins are usually ready by noon. I can only remember dropping bags off once and then as soon as we were done eating, the cabin was ready. On POH, you couldn't even go to the deck your cabin was on as they had people guarding the hallways telling you that you couldn't access that deck yet. You had to check your carry-on bags at the galleria if you didn't want to carry them around. We chose not to do this as it's one more line to wait in to check them in and then to check them back out when your floor was called. There was a buffet in the Aloha Nui Cafe to eat at. Unfortunately, they didn't call our floor until after 3:30 that afternoon. So we mainly just sat around with our bags until then waiting for our room to be ready. So if you do get on early, there's not much else to do but eat. And even if the pool is open, you may not have a cabin to change in if you want to wear your suit there.

We got in the line to board at 12:50 and were on the ship within 20 minutes. This part was good. Unfortuantely, you couldn't take your carry-on bags and drop them off in your room then because they were still cleaning. On all of our other cruises, we've been able to at least drop them off even if they were still working on the cabin. And honestly, the cabins are usually ready by noon. I can only remember dropping bags off once and then as soon as we were done eating, the cabin was ready. On POH, you couldn't even go to the deck your cabin was on as they had people guarding the hallways telling you that you couldn't access that deck yet. You had to check your carry-on bags at the galleria if you didn't want to carry them around. We chose not to do this as it's one more line to wait in to check them in and then to check them back out when your floor was called. There was a buffet in the Aloha Nui Cafe to eat at. Unfortunately, they didn't call our floor until after 3:30 that afternoon. So we mainly just sat around with our bags until then waiting for our room to be ready. So if you do get on early, there's not much else to do but eat. And even if the pool is open, you may not have a cabin to change in if you want to wear your suit there.

This somewhat answers my question. I really wanted to know if we can check in our bags early and then leave the ship coming back much later.

Archived