Did I Make The Right Choice?

zrmolly

:confused: We have never sailed Princess. We have chosen traditional dining, early, for our Carribean Princess sailing. I did this because I had read some pretty bad reviews about PC. Mostly about waiting. I assume that if we have a night where we would like to eat later, we can just let our waiter know the night before that we will not be there? Is this ok? What do you all think? Thanks ahead..;)

PC was a little rough on the CAP (there ya go, Largin!) for the first few sailings. The staff on board swapped the larger Traditional dining room (Palm) for one of the slightly smaller PC dining rooms. That seems to have solved the problem. The ship has gotten good reviews lately.

And yes, you are doing the right thing. How nice of you to be so considerate!

We were on the Grand last year. We waited only once, when it took awhile feed kids at Horizon and get them to kids club. We arrived right at 7:30 and had to wait about 1/2 hour. If you are going to eat early there is no down side to PC. You can get there when DR opens and get seated or usually wait a bit. I do sometimes miss old style table with the same waiter, but the wait to sit should not be determinative. Also, you can always reserve in advance in PC drs.

You'll be fine with early Traditional... plus you always have the option of going to one of the alternative restaurants or even the Horizon Court for dinner one or more evenings.

Some people have experienced waits on PC dining, others haven't. Just because someone hasn't doesn't mean you won't so stick with your early Traditional.

Wife and I always opt for Traditional First.

We are not night people - but find that 1st seating and then the 1st show works well with our schedule and individual body clocks.

For us, 2nd seating would be too late - I don't want to fall asleep in the show and disturb fellow passengers with my snoring (light).

Michael

Spongerob... On the "Cop", we had PC.. Loved our waiters so made a standing reservation for the 6 of us between 8-830 each night.. Worked out perfect.. No waiting, table was always ready..:)

Archived