Ketchikan Restaurants that will Cook your Catch

Tampa Al

I will be salmon fishing with Capt. Ken at Northern Lights in Ketchikan in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there are any restuarants in Ketchikan that will cook up our catch. I know the boat (Seranade) won't do it, and I'm not inclined to spend the $$$ to process and ship it. Any insight would be appreciated.

I will be salmon fishing with Capt. Ken at Northern Lights in Ketchikan in a couple of weeks and was wondering if there are any restuarants in Ketchikan that will cook up our catch. I know the boat (Seranade) won't do it, and I'm not inclined to spend the $$$ to process and ship it. Any insight would be appreciated.

Please check back in and let us know how it goes. We are scheduled later in the season with Capt. Ken and can't wait!

I went fishing with Ken last July, and one fun thing he did was: One of the fishermen caught a small fish. Ken took it, whistled for an Eagle and threw the fish out into the ware. I got a video of the Eagle circling around and getting the fish out of the water. It was just one of the highlights of the trip.

Another was when I caught a King Salmon. We ended up sending about 28 lbs. of salmon home. We have enjoyed every bite.

I too highly doubt you are going to find anyone, and most likely not have the time anyway. This is the best bargain around for fantastic fish, if you don't want to pay the processing, I'm sure someone will take it.

My family has gone with Ken several times, you are in for a great trip.

• 4 weeks later...

Will probably post more later, but wanted to make dderm got my review of Capt. Ken with Northern Lights in Ketchikan. Simply put, our experience was terrific! Since it's the end of the King season, that's what we were targeting. Ken put us on them and we ended up taking out three 25 lb. +/- fish on a day that very few people were cathing anything (at least according to the folks back on board). All are being processed and shipped @ $4.50 lb. - based on VISA charge, it looks like just over 40 lbs. of fillets. YUM! He also did the eagle trick jakz2fun mentioned. If you have any more questions, feel free to let me know.

Archived