Please-Urgent Help on Summit cabin reservation on cat 2b w/hugh balcony

Seamo

A grande "Hi-Ho" to this great board!!

Summit Cabins 7176, 7173, 7175, 7177, 7178, 7180

We have a chance to get one of these cat. 2B --- that has the extra large balcony. We are celebrating 40 yrs. together and have decided to spend all those , "Oh, I meant to get you this" and " just wait till it's your turn, we'll really make up for it then". ..ya might know this deal ... well, NOW is the time to make up ... with.... 28 days ...on Summit ... Florida to L.A. to Hawaii & back to L.A.

... O.K. soooo good!! but the BIG DEAL is we just got to do right with the cabin.

Please!! Give us your knowledge and experience! We've got one on hold for the whole sail (28 days).

Yes ---No ??? We lucked out!? and should grab a final on this. ?? Jump ship?? help!

Had such great help from these boards ... we'll be looking and hoping to hear a much as you like to give (any Pics? of these cabins available?) .... and thanks for any help u can give.

Seamo (and his bride of 40) looking to, Sea..mo

Hi,

Really appreciate that connection; to have a first hand look at the cabin ... thanks!!

The Canvas sun covering for the suite below is now a "consideration". The interior cabin is smaller due to the lack of bath tub (which we wouldn"t use ) and so it seems the extra depth of balcony gets off set by the 1/2 tarp cover.

Thanks again, Seamo

If you decision is between residing in an interior stateroom versus a balcony stateroom then please don't think twice about selecting the balcony...any size balcony. Doing a full Panama Canal Transit begs for a balcony. You will find youself spending alot of time there, rather than fighting for rail space up on deck with all the interior stateroom passengers. Also, lounging on your private balcony on all those sea days pre/post Hawaii will be great. Once you have sailed in a balcony stateroom you will never want anything less. Even when you aren't out on the balcony, just having the wall of glass makes the room appear so much larger. Now, as for the specific rooms you mentioned.

Prior to the advent of Concierge Class, I used to stay in one of those room anytime we sailed on a Millennium Class ship. And, those are my first choice for my clients who aren't ready to step up to Concierge Class. Neither I nor any client have found the canvass roofs of the suites below to be bothersome. Personally, I like the location of those rooms because they are near to the elevators which service most of the important public rooms (main dining room, the buffet, the two main lounges, and the movie theater).

Take the balcony...you WILL NOT regret it. Especially on such a long sailing(s).

docb69, you are absolutely correct. However, all those are Concierge Class or FV's, both of which are quite a bit more costly than the entry level 2B's that Seamo was inquiring about. And, the chance of one of those still being available, so close to their sailing is slim and none.

In April we stayed in one of the Penthouse Suites on a 12-night Constellation sailing. It was my first aft facing stateroom experience...and I wasn't sure I was going to like it...having been raised a "midship man". Boy, was I wrong! And, the 1,100 square foot balcony was just icing on the cake.

Thanks you both for your input and insight. The cc and ss cats are listed as sold out .... and when we went to the CCL sight we "happened" upon this 7176 for both legs of the sail. The extra space on the veranda seems to be a +++ for both Panama Canal and Hawaii. The midship CS suite is available but with no balcony ... we get the feeling ... maybe that is why it is still unbooked. We were told that a 'for sure' deposit is due June 19, 06. ... and we are wondering if more cabins might come available as folks opt out. At the same time .. this particular cabin looks very good. The "extras" cabins, in any class, seem very hard to come by.

We are reading the posts and really appreciate your help .... thank you.!!!

looking to seamo, Seamo and his bride [of 40] ;)

Archived