Regal

wilber1

I read in another other post about the small deck in the back of the Baja deck. One up to the Jacuzzi on Aloha. I was looking at the deck plan and it looks like there are small decks all the way down. looks like there are stairs all the way down to The Palm Court on the Promenade,

The reason I ask is we walk (no elevators) and we are at the back of the Caribe Deck and thought it would be nice to pop out the back and go up and down from there. I was wondering if any of you went down from Baja Deck or know if you could.

Also I knew about the secret balcony on the front of Baja Deck and I also knew about the crew pool. I heard the crew pool was only opened sometimes. I was wondering how do you know if its open or closed. Is it just luck or do they announce it.

Yes, the Regal has open aft decks from the buffet area down to Deck 7 or 8. Here's a photo of the aft of deck 10, Caribe deck. I wouldn't necessarily call it "small." Half is covered, half is uncovered. You can't even see the entire deck area in this photo. Yes, you can go up and down to all of the aft decks from the outside.

regaldeck.jpg.5b5a410adec14cd24241da11e0050d8e.jpg

The Regal is the classiest of the Princess fleet. No glitz, and an interior that's easy on the eyes. Also a feeling of spaciousness, with high ceilings.

A beautiful ship - my second favorite behind the ex-Crystal Harmony.

We were on the Regal for 21 days in January cruising from Rio to Valpariso via Antarctica.

She is a good ship in bad weather. We were in a Force 11 for 24 hours from the South Shetland Islands going down to Antarctica and she rode very well. Mind you, besides passengers feeling under the weather, many of the crew were also indisposed.

Our mini suite was lovely. It was large with plenty of cupboards and drawers. The bathrooms are all marble and we had a great bath.

We had breakfast most days in the dining room and if you preferred a table for two, it was readily available.

The Pizza/Italian Restaurant was open every night for alternative dining and we enjoyed a couple of meals there. It has a lovely views as it is high up.

We had a fun table for eight in the dining room and we were always one of the last to leave. The food was excellent and varied over the 21 days.

Unfortunately, the Entertainment on board was disappointing though we had wonderful lecturers during the day and Sammi Baker our C.D. did her best having to fill in 3 extra days at sea due to inclement weather and not being able to dock at 3 ports.

The decks at the back of the ship are fantastic. We found them invaluable whilst down in Antarctica. They are also a great place to get out of the wind to sunbake and read if you so desire. It was just so easy to just walk down the passageway and open the doors to an outside deck.

We enjoyed our great cruise on her and am glad that at last we are getting a quality ship permanently down here in Oz.

Jennie

Archived