Help with Carnival Victory Cabin 6424 "L" shaped

marcyjane

I'm sorry to post this again, but with the changes to the boards, can't find the thread, link, etc. from before.

We will be on Carnival Victory in September in cabin # 6424 port side near aft of ship.

When I posted here several months ago there was a cc member going on Victory and was going to be in the exact same cabin and was going to post all about the cabin for me when they returned. I'm so sorry I can't remember the cc members name and of course can't find the thread anymore.

Any help with this different shaped cabin please email me or post here. Just wondering about the size, storage, bathroom, closets and electrical outlets, etc. I know I'm asking for way to much in one post, but why not ask right!!!;)

Just anything and photos would be nice as well in fact they would be Greattttt!!!!;)

Thanks so much in advance don't mean to be such a pain!!!:o

Marcyjane:

The main thing is the balcony is twice as wide, you have a true Queen-sized bed, it's quiet and near the steps. Using the search feature on L-shaped rooms, you should be able to get some previous posts unless they've been lost during the upgrade.

We had one of these cabins on the Destiny last year and I absolutely loved it! The room is really the same size as any other balcony cabin, but it is a different shape since it wraps around a stairwell. The balcony is twice as long as a result and the bed was a true queen bed without the hump in the middle. If I do recall correctly, there seemed to be more storage space in this cabin because there was a hallway into the main cabin space around the stairs. I loved this cabin and I wish I could have booked it on the Glory for next year, but they're all already booked for next April. Enjoy it! You'll love it!

We've had three of them and signed up for another on the Liberty.

The only thing you don't have is a couch. All the other pluses outweigh this by a bunch, in my opinion.

Thanks,

Either of you guys have pictures of our cabins? Also do you remember how many outlet there are and how is the tv placed in the cabin. Want watch it much but, usually turn it on late at night to see the video of the day.

Thanks

When we were looking at the deck plans before booking this up coming cruise I saw that this cabin had a larger balcony than the other 8A cat. so I called Carnival and ask about the cabin.

The said it was "L" shaped well I know what "L" shaped is, but hard to picture the layout of the cabin. Also the Carnival rep said that the balcony was the same size as cat. 12 suite cabin's balcony, but not as large as the wrap around corner cabin on the very aft of the ship.

Not sure but, in fact this cabin's balcony looks larger than the very middle aft cabin, but not sure at all.

Then we just decided that was the cabin we would book and try for this cruise.

We have never been aft of the ship before, last two cruises we have always been in the middle, or near middle of the ship. Once cat 9 and once Cat.12 (a nice suprise from the upgrade fairy).

Hope this helps

We are booked in an "L" shaped cabin on the Glory. Found some great pictures on webshots. Do a search using carnival cabins, "L" shaped. You should be able to find them. The balcony is twice as long as the regular ones. This works great for us because we are cruising with another couple who are booked next door with the other "L" shaped cabin. When we have the divider removed, the balcony will be huge!

Can't wait!!!

• 1 month later...
We are booked in an "L" shaped cabin on the Glory. Found some great pictures on webshots. Do a search using carnival cabins, "L" shaped. You should be able to find them. The balcony is twice as long as the regular ones. This works great for us because we are cruising with another couple who are booked next door with the other "L" shaped cabin. When we have the divider removed, the balcony will be huge!

Can't wait!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I am booked in an "L" shaped on the Destiny. I could not find those photos on webshots. Could you help me?

Try the search here for L shaped cabin and there will be some post that have links that you can click on and it will take you to the photos.

Also go back to webshots and just search for Carnival Victory and a lot of photo albums will come up and some have this type cabin pictured.

Hope this helps:)

WE had cabin 8424 on the Victory over Spring Break...Category 9A with a wraparound deck. We booked a balcony guarantee and got upgraded to the 9A wraparound. It was awesome and huge!!...Great views looking out the rear of ship and then getting a side view. Loved it when we were in and leaving a port.

Room has an odd shape but it did have a couch to the right of the bed (on other side). Room was wide but not very deep.

I would book this type cabin again in a heart beat.

Archived