Those that booked a GTY

vesw01

How soon after final payment were you able to find your secret cabin #? Is there any difference to between a TBA and GTY? When do cruise docs get sent to your house (how many days prior?).

We are finally down to double digits and can't wait ..........

We booked a inside guarntee back in March and we have been watching the prices and every time the price drops we call travelocity. We recieved a $80.00 credit the first time and then the price dropped again and we called them again and they said they would not give us any more money but they would upgrade up to an oceanview! We are now in the highest OV room and could not be happier! We recieved our doc's about a month ago:D and we still have 8 more days to go:p until we cruise. Keep checking the price of your cruise to see if it goes down and then call and see if you can get the difference in $ or an upgrade. YOU NEVER KNOW:cool:

...Docs--2 to 5 weeks prior to embarkation

...You may find cabin up to 45 days prior [for my 4/06 Transatlantic I found out at embarkation itself]

...TBA means your GTY cabin hasn't been assigned

How soon after final payment were you able to find your secret cabin #? Is there any difference to between a TBA and GTY? When do cruise docs get sent to your house (how many days prior?).

When we would call Carnival they said that we did not have a cabin number yet but after reading for hours on CC I learned how to find out that is how we knew we got such a good upgrade! If you go to Carnivals site log in and then put your booking number and last name in date of sailing and what ship then go to fun pass and then you go to gifts and services and in the address bar it will tell you your cabin #. Good luck

We didn't book a GTY b/c of there is no military GTY rate. I opted not to pick a cabin and didn't know if that made a difference or not. No price drops yet - been the same price the entire time!

Where is the address bar? Do you have to go all the way to "place order"? My parents are military and their cabin says TBA on their sail and sign. I was hoping to find out this way. Do you think it's really just not been assigned yet?

I booked on 5/1 for a 6/21 sailing, directly with Carnival. First time doing a guarantee, decided to roll the dice.

Got docs 4 weeks before sailing. Secret number indicates a great upgrade from 4A, but I am unable to find the cabin number by any of the methods. Address bar just says guar...so does the screen after Modify booking...my luggage tags are grey and say TBA. Fun Pass is complete, but when I click on gifts the screen just blinks and doesn't take me anywhere.

I've pretty much given up. Guess I'll be surprised on Wed!

My best time was 61 days out, Im on day 83 now and nothing.

Fred

My sister booked a gty. we are 47 days out and when we checked last week, still no avail, but then I called the travel agent and he called carnival and they did good. She went from a cheapest IS-inside to an inside but on the Verandah deck. Now we are together, on the Verandah deck, I am in a balcony though and I am happy that we will be together on this floor.

Yeah I can't wait to cruise!!!!!

Kathy

We booked an inside guarantee for our (group) cruise in December, and final payment is due on July 10th for our September 20th departure. When would we receive a booking number and be able to start hunting for our cabin assignment? The cruise is now completely sold out and the price has risen steadily since we booked. We got 1099 with tax etc less a 50 on board credit per person. The last price I saw for an inside Guarantee was 1499, but there has not been one available for quite some time, now all cabins are gone. What does this do to the upgrade possibilities? Luckily, there are very few 1A cabins on the Spirit....

When would we receive a booking number and be able to start hunting for our cabin assignment? ..

When you make your "final", ask your TA that question. I've been part of groups...in many cases didn't get an individual booking number until "final"

I booked a Oceanview Guarantee for August 6th Cruise and found out my room number by following the above instructions from others. You need to go into your reservation, then into complete online booking (?) and then in that section you will see Gifts & Services. Click on that and then just click on one of the gifts and it will bring up your booking number and room number if they have assigned one down at the bottom. If you click on Gifts and Services anywhere else it will ask you for your booking number and room number, but in this section it is filled in automatically.

Hope this helps!

We booked our first Guarantee on our 10th cruise (April) and didn't find out our cabin assignment until we arrived at the port. We were upgraded from a forward oceanview with portholes to a midship oceanview several decks up. Very nice upgrade. When we unloaded our luggage at the port, the longshoreman had a list of everyone's cabin numbers and we just wrote our cabin number on our luggage tags at that point. Very easy.

I only booked a GTY because we booked late and I didn't want to pay any more than the price for the porthole cabins. I think I prefer booking a specific cabin, especially if I want a balcony cabin, which I did for our upcoming cruises in Sept. (Carnival) and Dec. (Holland America).

Have a great cruise!

Holland America - 2004, 2006

Carnival - 1995, 1998, 2006, 2006, 2006

NCL - 1994, 1996, 1997, 2003

Royal Caribbean - 2002

Yes, what you are looking at is what is called a Query String, which can either be seen in the status bar at the bottom of the browser or in the Address bar at the top.

I tried it 72 days out and at first only showed GUAR, but on a couple of clicks it showed E121. I am on the Sensation, but E121 only showed up twice, I cannot get it to come up again it reverted back to GUAR. It is still early anyway.

I booked an OV GTY.

Archived