What is there to do in Hamilton?

P&DinDE2

We will be in Bermuda on 7/18&19, traveling with kids 23&15 what is recomended to do or see in Hamilton? The 15 y/o is into shopping, are there any stores that would interest a 15 y/o? (you know name brand stuff etc.) I know everything is very expensive, We know we want to spend 1 day at Horseshoe Bay Beach.We went to Bermuda last year & never made it into Hamilton, stayed on the beach the whole time! this will be the kids first cruise.

Any suggestions for must see or do things?

thanks for any help!

Hey Pam! Bonnie here! I leave this Sunday for Bermuda again! This time we (Tom's Mom and I) are headed to St. George AND Hamilton. We will be wandering around and shopping so I can give you a heads up when we get back about what the shops were like. We are going to take the ferry straight to St. George in the morning and wander/shop there for a while and then take the bus to Hamilton to do the same. Then we are going to ferry back to the Dockyard for the festival that night. Day #2 we are doing the glass bottom boat tour. It will be awful tame after last year's adventure on the Wildcat with you guys! After the glass bottom boat tour we may head to the beach for the remainder of that afternoon before departure. I will be sure and let you know if there is anything new going on down there that you wouldn't be expecting. Also, I am still checking your cruise discounts but nothing new has surfaced.

Talk to you when I get back! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I actually didn't take my camera out of my suitcase the entire cruise! :eek: I was too busy having fun and already have so many photos of Explorer of the Seas AND of Bermuda that I convinced myself I didn't need to take any more! :( In hindsight, that was dumb! Sorry about that!

• 2 weeks later...

we had the best time with James, from Jessie James-snorkeling. he met us right at the ship, and went to a shipwreck and the coral reef--he also pointed out interesting places as we passed them. gave us a ton of information! I took my 13 and 10 y/o sons and they loved it. The 20 and 19y/o girls went with dad to Elbo Beach, and we met them there. It was a great day! we didn't do any shopping (even the girls didn't want to go!) but did get to a good store for tee shirts...i don't recall the name, but it is a few stores up the hill from the Linen store on the corner. I thought the festival on Wednesday night was a waste of time..but you might like it...it's right outside, so not a big deal to go. Make sure the 15 y/o goes to the meeting for that age group the first night. that's when all the kids make their friends for the week!

Have fun!

Denise

Hamilton is a nice place to walk around and there are many shops there. Many shops carry products such as Crystal and China and other types of tabletop items. You will also find several clothing and jewelry shops along with stores that carry a variety of items. There are also many restaurants as well. It's a very nice area to walk around. From Hamilton you could take various shore excusions. You can take ones similar to what is offered by the cruise lines but you can do them on your own.

Glad to hear that you are going to Horseshoe Bay Beach. We have been to Bermuda several times between cruises and land stays and it is our favorite beach.

Keith

Just returned 7-22 on Zenith. Bought 3 day bus pass and took buses and ferries all over. Also bought the Heritage Bermuda Pass which allows entry intry most forts and a few other places of interest. $25- went to 4 and saved about $10. In Hamilton try the Bermuda Underwater Institute. A fifteen minute walk from the dock and most interesting exhibits. The seashells were amazing! Also took number 10 or 11 bus to the Aquarium/Zoo. Not much of a zoo but interesting tropical fish and a lovely walk around the grounds and views of a harbor and the wonderful examples of Bermuda houses. Bus ride was 15 minutes. Passes available from the Visitors center right down the block from the dock and next to the ferry terminal. Took ferry to dockyard to fort and to view the Dolphin Quest at work. Once you pay admission to the fort, you can sit and watch the people who pay ALOT to be with the dolphins for free!!! The dockyard also has a street festival on Tuesday night. Vendors, food and entertainment. The one in Hamilton on Wednesday night has more. Enjoy!!!

Archived