3 yr old on NCL SUN to Alaska??

jetta2828

We took our then almost-three-year-old on the Sun's Eastern Carribean cruise in April. She loved the kids program and STILL talks about it and asks when she can go back. It's better if your toddler is potty trained though - you have more freedom.

Have fun!

We didn't take about 2 children on a cruise at such a young age. Instead, we always went to a Club Med that had a "mini club" for small children. If you have already booked and paid for it, so be it. But personally, I think that you could have made a better and wiser choice for a vacation.

I have not cruised NCL (but will be on August 19th:p , without kids) but have cruised

RCCL with another couple....combined there were 4 kids - a 4 year old, a 8 year old, a 9 year old and a 11 year old. I must say that they were all

thrilled to be with the 'kids club'. They did exciting things that were age appropriate...the 4 year old was part of 'pirate day' and they dressed up and trooped through the main dining room (at dinner time) looking for the Captain to 'make him walk the plank!" My 11 year old, did not want to get off the ship at the ports...wanted to stay on and paticipate in the activities! I think it's a great vacation for families....parents get a well-deserved break, and can determine how much time you want your kids in the kids programs!! My kids, now 12 and 14, are quite distraught that we are not taking them on our next cruise!! Oh well.....;)

Thanks for your help... I am sure that I made a "wise" vacation choice and that my son will have a great time....I am just so scared of leaving him with people I don't know (i guess it's just my mommy fear) but I guess I iwll have to get over it so that he can have a great time....

Jetta - the kids crew rooms on the Sun have giant portholes along the top so you can stop by whenever you'd like and "peek" at your kids and make sure they are happy :) We were very impressed with the fact that the kids crew staff were able to quickly learn the kids names as well as who their parents were. I also have a 10 y.o. and she still keeps in touch with friends she met at kids crew!

NCL has one of the best kids programs at sea and welcomes 3 year olds. I am sure he will enjoy himself as long as he isn't uncomfortable being left with others his age. Enjoy yourself and I am sure he will. The biggest problem with the younger set is entertainment at night. The shows will be boring to him I am sure. Have a great cruise. NMNita

NCL has one of the best kids programs at sea and welcomes 3 year olds. I am sure he will enjoy himself as long as he isn't uncomfortable being left with others his age. Enjoy yourself and I am sure he will. The biggest problem with the younger set is entertainment at night.

I agree with Nita. We just got off the Star on Sunday, and my 3- and 5-year-olds loved it. They were always asking when they were going back to the Kids' Club because they liked it so much.

Also, make sure to sign him up for "port play" and late-night babysitting if you want to enjoy late-night fun. It was nice because we could have a late dinner or take in one of the shows without having to skip it or leave early.

I'm sure he'll love it. You have nothing to worry about.

Jerry

Archived