Can someone PLEASE answer my questions...

:p My husband and I leave this Saturday from San Juan on the AOS, this is our 1st cruise ever. I was wondering how far in advance can you check in online (we are flying to San Juan two days early ) and we wont have a computer to check in online with. Also are ship doesn't leave the port until 10 PM, but the cruise documents say you can't board the ship until after 2 PM ?? I have heard of people getting on the ship around noon time ? Does anybody know for sure you can get on the ship early, to hang out on the ship ? I just don't want to get a taxi to take us to the pier and drop us off there and have to wait a few hours so we can actually get on the darn ship. I also heard that if you want to make reservations for things you should do it once you get on board ? Gesh...:rolleyes:

Oh you will have so much fun you are going on the barbados trip too aren't you!! We are doing it July 9th! To answer your question I already filled out the online set sail passes. You can do that whenever, then print them out. I would do it tonight!!! More things checked off the list.

Also get there around noon, unless there is a problem you will have no problem boarding around noon and there is so much to do on the ship! Have fun, eat a nice lunch and enjoy the cruise!! I expect a review when you come home, I will want to read it before I leave for my cruise!

You should be able to check in on-line and print your docs now. Have you tried? Typically, you are able to begin boarding around noon. If everything goes fine for those disembarking before you, passengers are usually allowed to begin boarding by noon. But there are no guarantees.

Yes, it's also true that if you want to do things like eat at one of the specialty restaurants or make a spa appointment for a day at sea, you should do these things soon after boarding as they tend to fill up quickly.

Have a wonderful first cruise!

Don't worry about it too much. If ya can't get on the ship be noon, go to lunch and have a few drinks and relax. By the time you get back.. you'll be on. Yes, sometimes some of the excursions get booked fast and you should probably book the ones you want as soon as possible. That being said, there's lots to do on the cruise you'll be on so if you miss a thing or two no worries... there's plenty more and sometimes your second choice is better. You're on a really good ship with a great itinerary with lots to do in all the ports so all will be fine.

Have a great time, I wish I had your problems today.;)

Fred

As far as I know, you can check in online as soon as final payment is made. We sail this week and I checked in and printed our SetSail pass in April. You still have to go to the desk at the port, but it saves time if you have that printed out already. You don't have to, but it makes things easier.

As far as boarding early, I don't know about your particular cruise, but I know we can board our ship (Grandeur) about 2-3 hours earlier than the official papers say we can.

Post another question and put that in your title, more people will read it and answer. Say "How early can we board_____?"

Have a great time!!!

:p My husband and I leave this Saturday from San Juan on the AOS, this is our 1st cruise ever. I was wondering how far in advance can you check in online (we are flying to San Juan two days early ) and we wont have a computer to check in online with. Also are ship doesn't leave the port until 10 PM, but the cruise documents say you can't board the ship until after 2 PM ?? I have heard of people getting on the ship around noon time ? Does anybody know for sure you can get on the ship early, to hang out on the ship ? I just don't want to get a taxi to take us to the pier and drop us off there and have to wait a few hours so we can actually get on the darn ship. I also heard that if you want to make reservations for things you should do it once you get on board ? Gesh...:rolleyes:

Well, first off, don't even try to get on board on Saturday. Your cruise leaves on Sunday :) -- we're on it too.

Second, keep in mind that there is such a thing as getting there too early. Don't forget that there's a full shipload of passengers that need to leave the ship before you get there, and your cabin needs to be cleaned and refreshed.

The cruise line says 2 PM, but you could safely get on board around noon, but I wouldn't try it any earlier (oh, and especially not a day earlier :D ).

Hey! Have you signed up for the Meet and Mingle?

redcarat.gif Register for a Royal Caribbean Meet & Mingle here: https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/ccEntry.do

Do so and you'll get a chance to meet your fellow Cruise Critics face to face.

Ron

:p I just don't want to get a taxi to take us to the pier and drop us off there and have to wait a few hours so we can actually get on the darn ship. :rolleyes:

Since you are getting to SJ two days early, try to get a room where you can see the port. Give the cruise line at least four hours after the ship arrives. If Celebrity says 2:00 pm for checkin, I would think noon would be the earliest time to show up. Don't worry about an online checkin. The cruise lines are really old-fashioned. You have to show up with your BC, Passport, DL or other ID plus the standard information. Somehow, I still think a valid charge card is the most important thing at checkin. ;)

Les

Archived