Can anybody explain or guide me to an explanation of RCCL's cabin category system?

Is there anywhere on this site (or any others you might know) that has an explanation of the RCCL Cabin Category System?

I've never cruised and am trying to educate myself through the helpful tips and info from these boards.

I read the page about cabin selection, which describes inner, outside, balcony etc... which I think anybody can comprehend.

I tried running a search of this board with no hits. (just a blank page)

I tried an Advanced Search of all boards and got the same result. (blank page)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

I am not sure what you are looking for. Basically though each of the cabin types are broken into smaller groups based on location on the ship and size of the cabin. Here is a link to the different types of cabins which break down to descriptions of the smaller groups. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cabinclass/home.do;jsessionid=0000mrmFFimQ68HgDVJIuGWYqYc:10ktmer4a?cS=NAVBAR I am not sure if this is what you referred to that you had already read or not.

Hopefully this will help.. I beleive this is the most current cabin category list.

Radio

;) ;)

All Ships

RS Royal Suite

OS Owners Suite

FS Royal Family Suite

GS Grand Suite

JS Junior Suite

FO Family Ocean View

F G H I - Ocean View

Voyager / Freedom Class

PS - Presidential Family Suite (Freedom Class Only)

D1 - Balcony (mostly on Deck 10) Most are Connecting 214sqft

D2 - Balcony on Decks 8/9 214sqft

D3 - Balcony on Decks 6/7 214sqft

E1 - Balcony 173 Sqft

E2 - Balcony 173 Sqft

PR - Promenade Stateroom 167 Sqft

L M N O - Inside Stateroom 160Sqft

FI- Family Inside (Freedom Class and Enchantment)

Majesty, Monarch. Sovereign

SO Superior Oceanview 157 Sqft

F2 F1 H I Oceanview 122Sqft

G - Obstructed View 122Sqft

K L M N O- Inside 119 Sqft

Is there anywhere on this site (or any others you might know) that has an explanation of the RCCL Cabin Category System?

I've never cruised and am trying to educate myself through the helpful tips and info from these boards.

I read the page about cabin selection, which describes inner, outside, balcony etc... which I think anybody can comprehend.

I tried running a search of this board with no hits. (just a blank page)

I tried an Advanced Search of all boards and got the same result. (blank page)

Thanks in advance for any help.

Bill

The simple answer is the more money the cabin costs, the bigger and better the cabin is. :D

Usually the more expensive cabin are towards the center of the ship and the cheaper ones are more towards the front and back. If this is your first cruise, I would suggest an outside cabin or balcony depending on your budget.

If you want more info on the size of cabins etc. go to the RCI website and pretend you are doing a reservation. Pick a date and ship and start the reservation. When it comes to cabin selection, it lists the different types/categories of cabin with a picture and info about the size etc. I think this will probably give you the most information.

Hope that helps.

Archived