Which Luau??

lozzajelly

Going on PofAm in November and have booked the Luau advertised as a shore excursion, however on reading these boards I'm thinking it may be better to cancel and book the Lahaina Luau??? My question is do they provide transport to and from this or would we have to make our own way and is it really the best one.........I'm so confused please help!!!

:confused: Lozza

If you're booking as part of a ship excursion, then yes, they will provide transportation, but I had the impression that in Lahina, the luau is a short walk from the pier. You might check the other threads on this board.

Charlie

The PoAm docks in Kahalui - on the other end of Maui. You would need to rent a car or hire a taxi to get to Lahaina. Some of the ships do tender in Lahaina harbor, and those folks could possibly walk to the Old Lahaina Luau. The ship's luau is NOT the Old Lahaina nor the Royal Lahaina Luaus and the only luau they provide any transporation to from the Pride of America is the one you can book through their shore excursion desk.

You can read this link below about the Royal Lahaina (or Kaanapali) Luau below. We absolutely LOVED our luau experience, but some of our fellow passengers who took the ship excursion one were not as happy as we were...and they spent TWICE the price per ticket we did! Of couse, we had already rented a car for the day, so that must be taken into consideration when figuring the total cost for attending luaus.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340426

I asked this same question when I first started posting here and from all the responses and threads I read on the subject I decided to book the Old Lahaina Luau. I did read a few good remarks about NCL's Luau, The Pacific Paradise, but for the most part it sounded huge (someone said over 1000 guests) and a few people actually posted that it was the worst experience they had in Hawaii. From the research I did Feast of Lele in Lahaina is also supposed to be good but a bit more pricey. The Old Lahaina Luau appears to get the best marks overall. The only draw back is having to drive back to Kahului after all those Mai Tai's and Blue Hawaiians ;) .

I have to agree with Lambs2. All 7 of us just returned and thoroughly enjoyed the Royal Lahaina luau! Excellent!:D

salgal

P.S. We also rented a car both days, and did the luau on Friday night, so we could stay for the entire show.

If you dock in Kahului, I would recommend renting a car and going to the Old Lahaina Luau. I was just there in May. Yes it costs more than the others but it is well worth it. We had the traditional mat seating and loved it. Before I left, I had read many reviews that said it was the "best in Hawaii".

Enjoy whichever you choose.

If you dock in Kahului, I would recommend renting a car and going to the Old Lahaina Luau. I was just there in May. Yes it costs more than the others but it is well worth it. We had the traditional mat seating and loved it. Before I left, I had read many reviews that said it was the "best in Hawaii".

Enjoy whichever you choose.

There is no fire dance at the Old Lahaina Luau which was the highlight of the night for me. That's one reason I so heartily endorse the Royal Lahaina Luau. We went on a Tuesday niht which is the first night of the week for them and it was such a high energy professional production (and we are in the entertainment business!), plus the food and the drinks were first-rate! I .have a full write-up on Tripadvisor.com

Archived