I'm an idiot.

jstreet0204

You are only in your cabin for three things anyway (at least interior rooms)

1. Change Clothes

2. Sleep

3. Not sleep :D

I am a heavy guy (upwards of 300 pounds) and my wife and I have to sleep on a twin when we visit my grandparents in Philadelphia. It can be done. It is very "cozy".

I agree with a previous post. Use one bunk for sleeping and one bunk for "not sleeping".

Either way, it will be a great story to tell the family:

"On the cruise when we got engaged, we booked a room with bunk beds..."

That is sure to get a chuckle. Sure beats my engagement story:

"We were at church camp, and we were counselors. I asked her to marry me then at the end of the evening she went back to the girls cabin and I went back to the boys cabin where I promptly took a cold shower."

At the booking site the OP referenced they do Clearly show the bunkbeds (in a full color picture) when you go to choose them. They also show the 4a (etc) pictures by those choices as well. That is why I wonder if they (discount booking agency) booked the correct room for him.

At the booking site the OP referenced they do Clearly show the bunkbeds (in a full color picture) when you go to choose them. They also show the 4a (etc) pictures by those choices as well. That is why I wonder if they (discount booking agency) booked the correct room for him.

I walked through the process again also, and I do see the picture now, but I dont' remember seeing that one before. I wouldn't have chosen the bunks intentionally. You do however have to click it to blow it up, which I may not have done since only a couple of steps back it shows

this pic labeled interior stateroom, 1_39_cab_4a_4b_4c_4d_int_320_05APR04.jpg

so I may have assumed they were all the same since it lists interior, oceanview, balcony, and suite as the types of rooms. I do think they could make it a little clearer, for example the words "BUNK BEDS" instead of upper/lower interior stateroom. As a first time cruiser I wouldn't know what that means simply by the title. I'm not going to sweat it either way, just going to enjoy not working for a week.

I walked through the process again also, and I do see the picture now, but I dont' remember seeing that one before. I wouldn't have chosen the bunks intentionally. You do however have to click it to blow it up, which I may not have done since only a couple of steps back it shows

this pic labeled interior stateroom, http://cruises.hotwire.com/images/cabin/carnival_1/1_39_cab_4a_4b_4c_4d_int_320_05APR04.jpg

so I may have assumed they were all the same since it lists interior, oceanview, balcony, and suite as the types of rooms. I do think they could make it a little clearer, for example the words "BUNK BEDS" instead of upper/lower interior stateroom. As a first time cruiser I wouldn't know what that means simply by the title. I'm not going to sweat it either way, just going to enjoy not working for a week.

Was just a thought that you might have an arguement that you overpaid for a 1A. You will enjoy it anyway it works out!!!

Gee I think your problem is solved... I saw a chair and a ladder for the "not sleeping" part.;) If the back seat of a car is fun (and it is) you should be fine. Save the beds for sleeping.

You are right about the pictures being a poor representation though. Looks like a bait and switch to me.

From the "Bunk Bed Safety" pamphlet:

"A large portion of bunk bed injuries are the result of horseplay."

:eek:

section two of the same pamphlet. Are there safety rails for the top bunk bed? Hey there no hanky panky going on :eek: after all it is Bunk Beds, one for her and one for him. :rolleyes:

Have a great trip where ever you may sleep.

This same thing happened to my husband and I for our honeymoon! It wasn't bunk beds but two twins that could not be put togethe due to a very large pipe that was in the middle of the cabin.:confused: Trust me we still had a great time and were late to a few dinners!;) Good news, we'll be celebrating 16yrs of marriage this Jan.

Last year we were in a 1A cabin on the Holiday. The room wasn't that bad just small. We did go for a 4A for the cruise coming up though. Watch your head on the top bunk. I must of hit mine 20 times. Have fun on your cruise and don't sweat it if you don't get an upgrade.

this pic labeled interior stateroom, 1_39_cab_4a_4b_4c_4d_int_320_05APR04.jpg

Just of the imagination. We had an interior room E212 I walked in and thought we had a window. we did not just curtains and a light as pictured. I have seen the bunk bed rooms on carnivals web site.

Street0204,

I can understand your concern with the room arrangement.

If you're REALLY are hoping for a upgrade, you can try doing the "kelly mthod" and try entering your current room # R215, and see if it takes, or if it tells you that is not the correct cabin #. Keep entering different cabin #s until you hit the right one. Time consuming, but may put your mind at ease. (I once booked a category 1A guarentee & was hoping for an upgrade so tried the Kelly method shortly after booking & it showed I was assigned to a cabin on the Riviara deck. I tried it again ajust a couple weeks before my sail date, and found that I had been upgraded to a balcony cabin! I was EXTATIC!!) see instructions for doing the "Kelly method" below:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

To do the "kelly method": Go to http://www.carnival.com, click on "funships", then click on your ship, try to order a gift for this cabin by entering the booking # & cabin#. If it lets you order the gift for cabinR215 that is the cabin you're currently assigned to. Keep trying this. as it gets closer to your sail date, the more accurate your assignment will be.

Best of luck to you & CONGRATULATIONS!

Annie

Heh.

I'm glad that we're not the only ones who made this mistake. My husband and I are going on our 5th anniversary trip with my brother and his wife who are celebrating their 1st anniversary and we apparently booked 2 bunk bed cabins too.

Ah well...it'll be cozy :p

Guineverekay

Well I'm back...

And we did not get an upgrade, the ship was full, BUT I was not upset. It only took a few minutes to find the solution. First, the upper bunk folds up out of the way, and the bottom bunk is on a very light weight frame. It takes less than 5 minutes to pull the matresses off of both beds and put them on the floor next to each other, and fold the frames up out of the way. And took less than 5 minutes to put them back up in the morning. The mattreses are vey comfortable, and we had no trouble sleeping. We had a great time, and we spent very little time in the room as you all said

I'm going to post a more detailed review of our trip in this thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=7033234#post7033234

Archived