shuttle questions

what is the best and cheapest means of getting from Pier 66 in Seattle after cruise to the hotel close to SeaTac? :confused: We want to leave our luggage at the Pier for a while to eat and look around in downtown Seattle. Later that evening, we will need transportation back to our hotel near the airport. Does Shuttle Express only take passengers to the airport? Thanks for the help!

1 - You might want to include SEATTLE or other approriate descriptive term your subject line next time.

2 - You might want to visit the ALASKA boards for more feedback. Lots of GREAT info there.

3 - I might suggest getting a rental car. This gives you a place to store your bags and a way to get to the airport, and even see a few sights.

Enjoy your cruise.

Pier 66 has a luggage room where you can store your luggage. Check out the Port of Seattle website (http://www.portseattle.org/seaport/cruise/) for more info on that.

In terms of shuttles, the main shuttle company to the airport is Shuttle Express--I've never tried to use them to an airport hotel, but I bet if you called them, they'd be able to arrange it for you. But it's much easier just to take a cab, and probably no more expensive--in fact, it may even be cheaper. Taxi from Pier 66 to an airport hotel should run around $30 or so, not per person but per taxi, and Shuttle Express often charges per person.

Another option would be the Grayline bus that picks up from several locations in downtown Seattle and goes to the airport--then you'd have to take your airport hotel's shuttle from the airport to the hotel. I think I didn't explain that clearly but hopefully you get what I mean. Here's their website for more info:

http://graylineseattle.com/airportexpress1.cfm

Archived