Group of 16 - special discounts?

DAllenTCY

If you have 8 or more cabins, possibly. You might swing some extras like a bottle of wine per room as while but it is the number of cabins. Talk to your TA and see. I think one person can travel free with enough cabins. ;) ;)

On the other hand, if you have only five or six rooms with three or four in a room then no. Also when you book make sure you are cross ref for meals or you will end up on diff tables/times. :eek:

Generally, I think you get 1 free passenger for 8 paid passengers - ASSUMING as CaptData mentioned they are booked 2 to a cabin. Your best bet is to talk to a TA or look to see if HAL has any 'group' information on their website.

We did this with my entire family and chose not to get the group discount because if your cruise goes down and you booked the group discount, you cannot get the lower price. In our case, it worked out great. We booked the regular way and took a chance. Our cruise went down by half (we sailed the February after 9/11, perhaps that's why, not sure). Now if we booked the group rate, we would have been stuck with the higher price. Something to consider and ask your TA about.

Doone is correct about the group rate. I was booked under a group rate and Hal's rate dropped about 300 + PP. Hal would not honor the new price so we got out of the group.

Interesting. Our group did successfully negotiate in the contract if the price dropped before FINAL booking we would get the lower price. Unfortunately, prices didn't drop below what we were paying. Our group prices were on average about $250/pp below what HAL was quoting. We also got the shipboard credits as well as the free cocktail party and the bottle of wine.

I would suggest you contact your T/A to see, it might have a bearing on the cruise location etc.

Archived