OT-cooling neck wraps

missyal

My DH does not (by his own admission) even know how to turn the equipment (including the sewing machine) on!!

Funny, because my husband sews better than I do--so it's the total opposite in our house:p Whenever I can't thread the needle or fix the tension, I call him to help.

I have "neck issues" (that apparently are hereditary as my mother and her mother have/had the same issues) and don't like things around my neck. I like cold water on my wrists--cools me down nicely.

I wear one almost every day in the summer, as our shop AC can't keep up with the door being opened all the time. I have found them to work quite well, and there's no problem with water running down your back if you wring it out pretty well before you put it on. If it starts feeling warm, I just roll it around and retie it. The only drawback I've found is that if it's REALLY cold, it tends to give me a stiff-neck the next day if I've worn it too long.

I usually take them on the cruises too. Sometimes those shore excursions can be miserably hot. I just don't do well when it's too hot, so the cooling neck wraps have been a big help.

Hi ladies, does anyone have any links for these items, anything that cools you down that is portable.

I can't take heat, and even spending 30 min outside I can faint, I turn almost purple. I don't get the same shopping chanels as you ladies do.

Any links would be most appreciated, even to stuff that is more expensive like someone mentioned a personal cooling system. I don't sew so making is not an option

Thank you

I can't believe you guys haven't thought of looking for these at your local Wal-Mart. They sell them in the sporting goods department in lots of different fabric choices. I've used them for over a year now (i have two that I exchange out, one for day one for night) It's the only thing getting me through the hot flashes of menopause. The first several times you use them they are slightly slimy but that goes away once they have been rinsed out in the sink a few times. They cost less than $3 each at Wal-Mart. They can be chilled in the fridge or a cooler for a REALLY cool feel, but work well after just being soaked in regular tap water.

Thanks, I'll have to check it out. I don't know if the Wal-Mart sells them here, they don't always carry the same stuff, will look at the QVC and see if they ship here. Do you know the name of the item when I look on QVC.com

Thanks any help is appreciated.

MrsMoose

I ordered some from QVC.com last week and they have already shipped them. I am in Ontario and there was no problem. They are called Cool Downz. There were 6 in the package and with shipping it came to $29.45 US. I priced them on ebay and this was a better deal.

I'm looking forward to getting mine and using them on my next cruise out of San Juan.

so I guess you are saying they will work for around an hour and then you need to dip them in ice water again and they continue to work as long as that is done every so often? that sounds worth it to me . I could always buy a cup of ice if I was out where I could not redip. I think will get some. we have been hitting 95 this past week and we had atleast 13 days in June that hot. I expect we will have plenty more before mid September.

I get so sapped. I feel like I am a prisoner of my home after 11 am hits as I can't take the heat very well.

MrsMoose

I ordered some from QVC.com last week and they have already shipped them. I am in Ontario and there was no problem. They are called Cool Downz. There were 6 in the package and with shipping it came to $29.45 US. I priced them on ebay and this was a better deal.

I'm looking forward to getting mine and using them on my next cruise out of San Juan.

Thank you will go to QVC. Your help is most appreciated

Ah that's you, I couldn't place you, no probs I'll answer your questions tomorrow or wednesday at the latest no problems. Got the e-mail, glad you told me it was you, I was wracking my brain, who you are.

Will do my best to help in any way possible.

Mine arrived yesterday from QVC so at the first chance I will give them a try and report back. With shipping and all they came out to just over $4.00. Our Walmart didn't have any. QVC sells them in a 6 pack with different color themes. They also sell a neoprene vest that works on the same principle but that is like $80.00!

Thanks for all the helpful input. Stay cool! :cool:

missyal

[quote name='nanner10']

In fact tonight I sewed three simple soft and fluffy pillows for my Grandchildren. Their two Grandmas will be flying the three of them (ages 7, 2 1/2 and 1 1/2) next week (while their parents drive) to where the family is relocating and I thought the pillows would help them on the long flights. [/quote]

That's so lovely. They'll have them forever.

[quote name='nanner10']
Then again, I also own a table saw and various power equipment. Believe it or not the principles are essentially the same. I have designed and made various pieces of furniture and done basic repairs around the house. [/quote]

So you're available to come live with me for a month???

Archived