Traditional Dinning?????

delidan30

Nobody talks about the regular dinning rooms,:confused: nobody takes photo of them. I'm sure there are many who don't care about the extra charge resturants, and enjoy eating in the regular dinning rooms that I've never had any problem with the food.

Crown 7/20/06

We prefer having the same dinner partners each week, and the experience of having fun with the wait staff. We had to have any time dining one time but it just wasn't the same experience.

We had traditional dining on Sapphire Princess. The food and service were both excellent. The traditional dining room is a little less accessible than the others because of its location. If you are midships or forward on deck 6 you have to go up one deck, walk back to the aft stairwell and then go back down to reach it.

There's nothing wrong with the Traditional dining room. Many, many people, including myself, prefer it. As for the Sapphire traditional dining room, we never had a problem finding or getting to it. We just knew to go to the aft elevators. On many Princess ships, the Traditional dining room is accessible from the Atrium on Deck 5. Easy to get to.

I think many times here there has been a discussion of traditional dining vs anytime dining. I suppose if you look hard enough you can find photos of the various dining rooms. Maybe if you're interested in a photo of the tratitional dining room on the Crown, just ask and someone may post one. It may take a while as the Crown hasn't been sailing for long, of course.

There are several pics of the dining room in my gallery linked below. Not big all inclusive shots because the dining room is always so dark!! If you check out the galleries, you will find pics in the Sea One and Two Galleries.

We love traditional dining and have made it our choice all 5 cruises. This past cruise was the first where we did try the specialty restaurants and only because we were celebrating anniversaries and Mother's Day. We did enjoy both the Bayou Cafe and Sabitini's but we think food in the dining room is wonderful. We are there breakfast, lunch and dinner. We don't do the buffet at all.

Hope you enjoy what pics there are ;-)) Cheers, Denise

The only problem I had with the traditional dining room on the Grand was that both PC dining rooms were very easy to get to. The traditional dining room was only accessible by the aft stairway or TWO elevators which were always full of able bodied people. I finally found that if I went a few minutes early I could get an elevator, otherwise it took 15 minutes to get one that was not full. :rolleyes:

I love traditional dining. I enjoy eating with the same people every night. I enjoy getting to know my waiter. While on the CP my waiter remembered that I liked chocolate, and he remembered the salad dressing I like. I thought that was amazing since he serves so many people every day.

You do not normally see pics in the dining room. The pics. usually turn out to dark.

The Dining Room: I walked up the steps into the dining room and to my amazement the Maitre'd called me by name. I was suprised. There is white table clothes on each table. When I sat down I had a white napkin. I forgot to put the napkin in my lap, the waiter walked over and put it in my lap. The table is adorned with wine glasses, water glasses, and silverware. The dining room is lovely, very classy. I look forward to the various conversations each day. The restaurant reminds me of a nice restaurant on land. The dining room is somewhere I can visit and enjoy getting dressed up in either simi or formal wear. For me the dining room is an experience I always look forward too.

Happy Cruising!

The only problem I had with the traditional dining room on the Grand was that both PC dining rooms were very easy to get to. The traditional dining room was only accessible by the aft stairway or TWO elevators which were always full of able bodied people. I finally found that if I went a few minutes early I could get an elevator, otherwise it took 15 minutes to get one that was not full. :rolleyes:

Exactly my point. If you are forward or midships on Sapphire Princess' on deck 6, you cannot go directly to the traditional dining room which is in the aft section of that deck. To me that makes it less accessible than the anytime dining rooms. It isn't a major negative and as I said, the food and service there were excellent. Its location doesn't make it impossible to get to, and once you realize what you need to do to get to it, you can do so pretty easily, but it is definitely less convenient to reach than the anytime dining rooms.:)

Nobody talks about the regular dinning rooms,:confused: nobody takes photo of them. I'm sure there are many who don't care about the extra charge resturants, and enjoy eating in the regular dinning rooms that I've never had any problem with the food.

Crown 7/20/06

The following link will take to to a web site that has numerous photos/tours of both cabins and public areas, including dining rooms. Click on "virtual ship tour", then select your ship.

http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/default.jsp

Archived