hotel near Barcelona airport

We are staying in Barcelona for one day post cruise. Our flight to the states leaves very early the next morning, so we are looking for a nice hotel that is located close to the airport. Thanks in advance for your help.

Why not stay in the heart of the action ... near Las Ramblas and just get an early morning cab ride to the airport? One day in Barcelona will leave you wanting more ... so make the most of it and stay near the "action" ... not way out by the airport. Experience Barcelona as it really is.

Barcelona is a small city and really doesn't have a selection of acceptable airport hotels as Madrid does.

The cab ride to the airport is really short and sweet anyway, so why not stay in the heart of things to tour Barcelona?

If you insist on being as close to the airport as possible, the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos (a luxury resort on the top of Avenida Diagonal) will probably get you as close to the airport as you can get while still being within Barcelona. However, this hotel is not near the tourist sites that will interest you.

But anyway, don't worry too much about the cab ride -- it's not a long ride at all.

Regards,

Gunther and Uta

A couple of years ago I had a problem with my out bound frlight from Barcelona and the airline sent me to a hotel close to the airport. I wish I could remember the name but it wasn't bad at all. I would say something like an airport Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn in the US. It was definetly a Spanish chain and they offered free shuttle service to the airport. I remember that I left the hotel at 5am or something crazy. I'm going to try and search on-line and if I find the name I'll post again.

Hesperia Tower

http://www.hesperia.com/hoteles/datoshotel.cfm?cambio=149

Is the nearest 5 stars hotel near the airport. In the top you have a wonderful restaurant (EVO) from Santi Santamaría (the owner of El Racó de Can Faves which has 3 Michelin Stars). Hotel and restaurant opened one or two months ago.

You have also near the airport the following hotels:

http://www.quehoteles.com/hoteles-en-barcelona-aeropuerto-area-4C15P116D3573Z.htm

Everybody is right...stay on The Ramblas... this is a hotel that was recommended by other cruisers..../www.hotelcontinental.com/ and for taxi driver,

Barcelona Taxi Van <info@barcelonataxivan.com> who was also recommended by other cruisers... but I would recommend you book him NOW... Tell h im the lady with the luggage told you.... He wil pick you up drop you off all in time..and give you a great tour of Barcelona.. and you will understand more than the average tourist who just rushes around.

We are staying 2 nights post cruise and also have an early morning flight so decided to book closer to the airport. We are staying at the Hilton. The web site states that it is close to all public transportation which takes you to Las Ramblas, etc. Of course you could also take a taxi to get you there. I understand the taxis are plentiful and reasonable.

We are staying in Barcelona for one day post cruise. Our flight to the states leaves very early the next morning, so we are looking for a nice hotel that is located close to the airport. Thanks in advance for your help.

We are in a similar situation.... We get off the ship in the morning, our flight is the next morning at 3:30 a.m. so can anyone tell me what time we will need to leave for the airport if we stay near Las Ramblas. We thought we would just get a hotel room, drop the luggage and do some last minute siteseeing, crash for a couple of hours in the room and then head to the airport. We have three days pre-cruise in Barcelona so were good there.

• 4 weeks later...

If you have not yet found a hotel, I stumbled onto the Ciutat del Prat. It had very good recommendations on Traveladvisor; is very close to the airport; and provides a free shuttle to/from the airport. It is operated by Euromar hotels. You should be able to find it online by doing a search by hotel name.

Another place to check out is the Best Western Hotel Alfa near the airport. We stayed there one night last Oct and were happy with our accomodations and the staff. They have shuttles to the city and the airport. There is a very nice restaurant as well as less expensive food in the bar area.

:) We are also flying into Barcelona pre-cruise this September. We found that the Renaissance Hotel (A Member of the Marriott Family) is opening this month in the airport area of Barcelona with free shuttel service from the airport. The hotel is non-smoking if that would make any difference to you, we love that detail. Have a great cruise.

I would agree with those who say to stay in town (preferably near the Ramblas). An early morning taxi to the airport will take you about 20 min,,which is probably as fast (or faster) than waiting for the airport hotel shuttles. Any hotel will arrange to have a taxi waiting when you are ready to leave the hotel.

Hank

Archived