Forward facing cabins?

Mooguy

I have seen but can't remember what ship it was maybe a NCL ship or Princess that has forward facing balcony cabins on one of their ships. Has anyone ever stayed in this type cabin and if so what ship is it on and BTY did you open the balcony door and the hall door at the same time and get sucked out into the hall..LOL

Diamond and Sapphire Princess both had forward facing balcony cabins, but they now lock the doors.

Winds across the bow at service speed caused the balcony furniture to "fly about", and some damage happened, both on the balcony and to the interior of the cabins.

Stewards will unlock the doors in port, but are instructed to lock them while underway.

The lighting in those cabins creates vision difficulties in the Navigation Bridge, and occupants are requested to keep the drapes closed at night.

Those forward facing balcony cabins were not a well thought out idea.

Yep, I had a forward facing cabin on the NCL Sun, it was awesome. If you had the balcony door open it was a struggle to open the cabin door and it would close with a *SLAM*

On the last night I was putting my luggage out in the hall at 2am and the door got sucked shut (you think I would have known by then) I was locked out in the hall in my nightgown, with no key to get back in. Very embarrassing! :eek:

Archived