Riviera deck

reesa

did you hear music in your cabin by day as we like our privacey on our balconey. It is our first cruise.

No, we didn't hear music, except for the CDs we were playing.

R415 was a wonderful suite and we'd do it again in a heartbeat. No complaints at all. Our room steward was the best, too.

Has anyone stayed in a suite on the riviera deck of the Carribean Princess? Was it noisy?

Hi, reesa!

I was on the Caribbean Princess last September in a suite on Riviera Deck (R406).

The cabin was great, but I have to say I did hear people walking on the Lido Deck every morning starting around 6AM. Although this was to be expected considering the location of this particular cabin, many times the pounding feet actually rattled the ceiling of my cabin.

Otherwise, no other noise excpet the waves as I sat on the hugh balcony.

Rick

I don't want to be woken at 6 am every morning. Did you complain? Can't they open up the pool area later?

Hi, reesa!

Yes, I did complain and there wasn't much they could, or would, do. Closing the Lido Deck was out of the question, so they say. I did get a $250 on board ship credit which didn't even make a dent in my account - considering my bar tab.

Anyway, please know I still had a great time. Don't worry about the noise - the beautiful cabin makes up for it and I actiually did get used to it after a few days.

Rick

I've booked the same suite you have on the Riveria deck. I was in a similar situation on the Disney Magic. We were literally right under their family pool. No noise woke me up at night. However, their pool closed down at night. I did hear a little bit of activity in the morning, but only after I was already awake. I'm not an extremely light sleeper but I wouldn't sleep through anything either. It was perfectly fine for me. Thank goodness we were already participating in the deck party. Now our ceiling did vibrate and thump with all the activity. We came back right before it was over. I hope all kids were on deck enjoying it instead of parents having to settle their kids back down. :eek:

If you are worried about the noise, I'd go with the suites that are located on aft. I'm sure they may have more vibration then a midship location but I would imagine it is a quieter location if that's going to make or break your cruise.

I need the bigger room so I didn't really have much choice. The owner's suite was my other choice but it is taken. I just can't imagine they put their best and most expensive suites under an activity deck. It is my first cruise so I am confused about all the cabin choices.

We just got back from our Caribbean Princess cruise yesterday. We had cabin R632 on the Riveria Deck. We didn't have a suite. Our cabin was located right near the elevators & right under the Buffet. Excellent location! We did hear noise once in a while, but it wasn't enough to bother us. We would hear it at night, but not when we were sleeping. We would also hear it in the morning. I think the noises we heard were the furniture being moved. I wouldn't hesitate to get another cabin there. Can't beat being 1 deck below the buffet & being near the stairs & elevator.

Gail

Reesa - The suite category right below the Penthouse I think is the premium suite or something like that. It's not that big of a difference in size but merely location. Again, these are located on aft which would be a quieter location. You can get a nice size suite like the Penthouse but it'll be on a different floor and aft instead of midship. Call your TA or Princess direct to get the exact square footages but I'm pretty sure I'm right on this. You can always keep the Penthouse suite and just bring some ear plugs if you're really worried about it. :D

gailc - Yes, I do like being centrally located. We rarely took the elevators on our first cruise since we were on the deck below. Was it worth the little bit of rumbling we heard every now and then? Yep!

I was on Riviera, midship 506. You could hear the dragging of deck chairs at night and then again in the morning. You could barely hear the band or Muts but you knew it was there. I loved the room and location and the noise never bothered us. The best part is the fully covered balcony.

If you are concerned about noise then you shouldn't ever book a room one level below the Lido.

It is our first cruise. We wanted a big suite and the penthouse under the Lido deck was all that was available. I am a light sleeper which is the problem so I guess I better bring ear plugs.

• 7 years later...
We didnt get the suite but had a balcony room in R710 and it was great! Not alot of noise and close to everything...

Since the 700 cabin series is close to the aft of the ship sounds like there may be little noise from the deck above ? Mainly tables & chairs where people sit to eat at the buffet. Any suggestions?

We also had the Penthouse Suite R415 on the Caribbean Princess Oct 2013. The suite was really nice and quite comfortable. The only issue was the noise that began around 6:15 AM every morning. :mad: To start with I was sure it was an overweight jogger... ;) however, we soon found out it was the staff rearranging chairs and tables from the night before because of MUTS!

Since we have never attended MUTS I was unaware of the situation. We also complained about the noise and were told sorry! :rolleyes: We didn't complain enough evidently because we didn't get any OBC's. :eek:

But then again, I am up well before 6:00 AM so it didn't wake me and my wife can sleep through a train wreck! By 6:30 AM the coffee arrived and that did wake up my DW!!! :)

Enjoy you suite and roll with the punches. :D

We are just,

RetiredNTraveling!(Mike & Betty)

Since the 700 cabin series is close to the aft of the ship sounds like there may be little noise from the deck above ? Mainly tables & chairs where people sit to eat at the buffet. Any suggestions?

This thread is from 8 years ago.

We have stayed in the 700's many times and heard no noise. The further forward you get the more chance of noise especially in the 400 area under the pool. Loungers being dragged and put out in the morning etc.

This thread is from 8 years ago.

We have stayed in the 700's many times and heard no noise. The further forward you get the more chance of noise especially in the 400 area under the pool. Loungers being dragged and put out in the morning etc.

Thanks for your info. We did get a balcony in the 700's on the Riviera deck. Great price, could not pass it up.

Thanks for your info. We did get a balcony in the 700's on the Riviera deck. Great price, could not pass it up.
and Horizon Court.

Perfect location, out the aft doors to the Terrace Pool then up one deck to the bar and Horizon Court. :D

While this is probably my most favorite Princess ship...I would rather stay at home than sail on the Riviera Deck unless it was way up front under the lido deck cabins. Never would I book one of these, the noise kept me up day and night. This was a warm weather cruise and never mind they start setting up the deck chairs at 5:30 AM, there is no rule against people walking on this deck at any time of the night. I think we could hear footsteps of hard sole shoes walking over our ceiling at all hours of the night....avoid this deck like the plague unless you are very hard of hearing or noise doesn't bother you at all. I assure you, you will enjoy your cruise a lot more if you just say no to that deck. Just my opinion, though! :eek:

We also had the Penthouse Suite R415 on the Caribbean Princess Oct 2013. The suite was really nice and quite comfortable. The only issue was the noise that began around 6:15 AM every morning. :mad: To start with I was sure it was an overweight jogger... ;) however, we soon found out it was the staff rearranging chairs and tables from the night before because of MUTS!

Since we have never attended MUTS I was unaware of the situation. We also complained about the noise and were told sorry! :rolleyes: We didn't complain enough evidently because we didn't get any OBC's. :eek:

But then again, I am up well before 6:00 AM so it didn't wake me and my wife can sleep through a train wreck! By 6:30 AM the coffee arrived and that did wake up my DW!!! :)

Enjoy you suite and roll with the punches.

We are just,

RetiredNTraveling!(Mike & Betty)

Am I the only one who has a problem with the size and color of your font? It's painful for me . . so I just give up. :)

and Horizon Court.

Perfect location, out the aft doors to the Terrace Pool then up one deck to the bar and Horizon Court. :D

That is what we thought also about the location, close to that pool & bar & buffet too :D!